Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Outgoing
    ok, THANK YOU cfred....gosh I hope there are no heavy fines for having more than 2 under 2 right now....That's not the way I have been deciphering it

Shy
    Thank you Cfred for you information . It 's my pleasure to have a good friend like you ....

Euphoric !
    You're welcome, but ladies, I would suggest you look into it yourselves. As I said, there's been a lot of confusion surrounding this and I'm not impervious to it. And, they SAID it was likely that proclamation would be in the fall. I believe they also said that Royal Assent would be in the summer....and they pushed it through in 2 weeks to come out ahead of the the Auditor General's Report. Do NOT take my word for it...I don't want that responsibility. I've heard that's what's happening, and have read it in different places, but this bill and everything around it has been a mess. You need to do your own investigating too.

Outgoing
    cfred...what do you mean "surprise visits"

Euphoric !
    Pretty much just how it sounds.....there's a knock at your door with someone from the Ministry on the other side. Apparently they come if there's a complaint, but there's been an increase since this Bill 10 nonsense. Or, maybe people are just paying attention to it now. A number of providers have said that they had people from the ministry show up at their front doors wanting to have a look around.

It's my understanding that they still need a warrant to enter your home. If you are however caught at a park or outside with, if say more then 5 or more then 2 under 2s no warning doesn't have to be given.....can get an automatic fine.

Euphoric !
    Yes, they still need a warrant. However, it's probably not be wise to turn them away as, I would think, you're then asking for them to be more nitpicky. I'd be inclined to let them in and be as accommodating as possible. They only want to come and see if you're compliant with numbers (or so I've been told). Being difficult about it might bring on a more thorough inspection.

Euphoric !
    I find all the information contradictory and confusing. I was going to take on a 5th DCC in Feb (I currently have 4 plus my daughter) but now I am wondering if this is going to put me and my business at risk. I already have 2 under 2yrs and this new child is 2.5 yrs so she won't effect me in that regard. I have looked again at CCRPN and CICPO and none of the info has been updated re: Bill 10. I guess I'll just send an email again to the Ministry of Education and see what they tell me.

Outgoing
    This whole thing is just so confusing.
    I am re opening after taking off 6 months maternity leave and trying to find clients and be in compliance with the under 2 rule now...
    Although it is truly amazing how many parents have not heard of it at all!

Outgoing
    But this 2 under 2 rule does not come into effect until January 2016...right?