Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Shy

The five minute morning routine

Five minutes
    Last edited by adaycarelady; 03-25-2015 at 06:06 PM.

Outgoing
    I have no who hasn't usually peed at home either. No big deal. I don't think it's a matter of him not being given a chance, I think it's a case of him having got on the toilet and not actually peed. By the time these kids are woken, dressed, fed, into their cars, and arrived, it might well be that they haven't had any morning fluids pass through their system yet.

I'm not sure what the problem is.

You don't mention that these kids are peeing themselves on arrive or having accidents before they can get their shoes and coats off. What's the big deal?

Outgoing
    My own 2 year old often doesn't pee until 1.5 -2 hours after she gets up. I think it's a control thing with her. It secretly drives me a little batty, but I try not to show it.
    On the other hand, it's not an option here to leave the house without trying to pee. So it's possible these parents just don't want to fight with their kids before leaving for daycare... It's not what I would do, but I guess I could see how it happens.

Euphoric !
    I think this is one of those situations where you just need to leave it be. These parents are going to parent their own way and we only have so much control over them. Now if he has an accident then you can bring it up again and send them the bill to clean your carpets!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to torontokids For This Useful Post:

Expansive...
    The "problem" is it's annoying. Even though it doesn't seem like a biggie, things like this drive me batty sometimes too. My kids also are not allowed to leave the house without at least having tried to pee.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Fun&care For This Useful Post:

Outgoing
    Quote Originally Posted by adaycarelady View Post
    I'm a parent who takes the time to tell my children to go to the bathroom before we go anywhere since I would hate to have them have an accident while in the car. However, some parents just don't care about things until they cause problems. Sorry for seeking support. I guess I should have posted/vented after these kids starting peeing their pants while walking through my door. I'm sure it will happen eventually since one literally runs to the bathroom when getting here.
    Don't go all passive aggressive "sorry for seeking support". You asked opinions and just because mine doesn't agree with yours. don't play the victim.

You don't live in their house. You don't know that the child wasn't sent to pee and tried but failed. You don't know what has to get done in their house before they come to you.

It amazed me how a day care provider would object to a kid needed to pee in their day care even if they have just arrived. Since when has it been the expectation that a child shouldn't been to go until a predetermined amount of time has passed.

What would be okay with you? 15 mins after arriving? 30 mins after arriving? Do you take into account the distance the child has travelled and likely time in the car? Is the kids who lives around the corner not supposed to pee for longer than the kid who travels or has to drop off a parent first.

Jeez, we all complain sometimes at elements of our job but really? Objecting to the fact a couple of kids need to pee on arrival? Is it really that big an issue.

Euphoric !
    I have a 22month old and have never worked outside the home (since she was born) and I can honestly say I have NO idea how these families manage to get everyone out the door in the morning, especially as early as most these kids leave the house. That said, my daughter likes her sleep and I have to wake her at 8am when my DCG arrives and I recognize many other toddlers are up at the crack of dawn...which may or may not help!

When we need to be out of the house on the weekend it is craziness. So many things that need to be done, a toddler that has so many things she thinks need to be done.

I give these families credit. They drive me bonkers as well, but I do give them credit!

Expansive...
    I don't see why adaycarelady can't just complain. This forum is all about support after all. Although I totally understand that parents have a lot to do in the morning and it can be a rush, and that we can't judge because we don't know what goes on at their house...you can flip that and apply it to the provider too. You don't know what her morning routine is, you don't know how disruptive these kids/ parents might be, long story short you don't know what you don't know. If adaycarelady felt the need to complain and vent about this, why shouldn't she.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fun&care For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    I have one that pees usually within the first 15 minutes of arrival but I know he goes when he gets up at home, then gets dressed, eats breakfast including a large glass of juice plus a bowl of cereal with milk - think lots of liquids, and then into the car to come to daycare so it makes sense that the bladder being full plus the ride over makes him need to go.

It can also be just a habit that has formed or the parent's response to child claiming at the last minute as they are getting out the door they have to pee and told to hold it till they get to your house rather than waste more time at home.

The scenario you gave did not mention anything about the kids eating breakfast at home. IF they are gotten up and dressed and out the door to daycare parents likely haven't changed their routine since they were babies in diapers and may not even be realizing the problem. A simple reminder to them that now that the children are potty trained they need to be given time in the morning to pee and empty their bladders because it isn't good for them to hold it that long and how awful everyone would feel if they had an accident on the way to daycare.

Outgoing
    There are sooooo many things I could vent about since starting this business....I just honestly DON'T have the energy....I have a dcg who would show up any time between 9:00 and 11:00...I finally told the parents you will have to come look for us on our walk....ok...no biggy...but they would come find us and then advise me that she hasn't had breakfast....so when I am 3 blocks away from my house...I can feed her...what? I informed the parents that I DO NOT FEED BREAKFAST past 9:30 a.m. You guessed it.....guess who comes at like 9:25 every morning now....WOW....HOW LONG HAS THIS CHILD BEEN UP THAT THEY ARE SOOOO CHEAP THAT THEY WANT ME TO FEED HER BREAKFAST....there we go....vent finished.....guess I had more energy this morning to vent....LOL I SEE A PAY INCREASE AROUND THE CORNER!