Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Not sure if scam!?

Morning Ladies,

I received an e-mail shortly after advertising for an open spot, and replied back to say I had availability. A week went by, and I received a reply saying that the e-mail had gone to spam but now he had found it. He wanted to know how safe and comfortable my daycare is. I wrote back a really, really detailed e-mail. Then at 3:47 am I get this:

"Hi,

Thanks for your detailed response to my questions. I'm a 39 years old single father, so i want my child to be in save and secure hand. I'm happy and comfortable to put my child in your care. As i said before, i would have loved to call you and meet with you immediately, but we are presently on vacation in Mexico.

As i said before my son Davis is 3 years old, He's toilet trained, don't have allergies or dietary restrictions and don't need any special care. He's a normal kid, very active with good behavior and no temperament. My son walk smartly on his own without stroller. His already potty trained. My son can start by 1st of February 2015, but if 1st of February 2015 is available, you can give me any other resumption date according to your opens.

I will like to know if their will be a registration fee or any additional charges before starting? I have attached myself and my son's recently pictures with this message, so you can know what we both look like.

Please get back to me on my question on if their will be any additional charges for registration as soon as you can.

Thanks"

And a photo is attached of a man with a little boy. Does this seem weird???

TYIA!!

Expansive...
    Yep it's a scam. This one is getting old actually, you would think this guy would have changed his story by now. Don't reply!

Yes scam. Got exact same wording email yesterday. No reply.

Outgoing
    Total scam.

No parent is going to send a family photo - LOL - That's BS.
    No parent is going to contract with a dayhome without seeing it - Don't care if they are away/in another country/etc - they would set up appointments to view on arrival.
    No parent is going to offer funds for deposit/registration without seeing the day care and checking you out.

What will happen is they will say they've sent a bank transfer or money order which they will do but it will be fake. It will be for much higher than it should have been. Then they will pressure you to send back the over payment part - but they want it now, need it now, there's a medical emergency. a funeral, etc, etc, and they will want it before their checque/money order has cleared and been shown as fake. You will be out whatever money you refund.

Outgoing
    Just wondering....are the people who are scamming...getting the information off this site....in the "DAYCARE OPENINGS" section? Is it from advertising on this site?

YES ITS A SCAM..... Ive been getting A LOT of those......

from what I get its from any advertising ( kijiji, cregslist, here, where ever there is online ads up for it.... I have received most of my scam ones through kijiji..... and its only been with in the last few months....

Outgoing
    Quote Originally Posted by sandylynn View Post
    Just wondering....are the people who are scamming...getting the information off this site....in the "DAYCARE OPENINGS" section? Is it from advertising on this site?
    No - if it came from this site, then it would come as an e-mail to your account here. They use whatever's available.

Locally, we've had providers who advertise on Kijiji hit and they always send to the e-mail address in the ad. I know some who have FB pages for their day care's have also been hit.

Eek! Thanks everyone!! And here I was hoping this single, rich and attractive man would be coming to my daycare I received his first email two days after posting my ad on Kijiji.

I had the same thing a few times the second one I got had a pic as well so I googled the pic .... it was not the person asking for care... for the people in the pic had been passed away for over 2 years.....

its very very sad that people or going to those depths to scam people

so now if I get a response that says ( I would have loved to call you but we are currently on vacation, or we will be moving there by this time and want to make sure we have a spot ) then I just ignore......

I will only accept if I have interview with person and child .....