Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Outgoing
    I agree. I would be filing this under "NMP" (Not my problem).

I'm sorry, we all make allowances in certain situations and what some of us will consider doing, others wouldn't and vice versa. But to provide an endless supply of food to a 5 year old who is paying pretty much half price, and to allow that level of disruption, I wouldn't do it. Even if Mom provided the food.

Like wise I wouldn't nap a child three times just because their parents would like it.
    I wouldn't wear a child just because their parents would like it.
    And so on.

No. No. No.

I'd use this as an excellent way to get rid of this client who is using a place and based on the business costs of him being there, effectively having you work for free.

"Dear <client>

Following you requirement that <child> needs feeding every time he states he's hungry which seems to be hourly, it is very apparent that I am not able to facilitate your changed requirements.

As per out contract, please consider this formal notice that I am not able to accommodate his new medical needs. Your final day of care will be <date>. Please note that fees are due during the notice period regardless of attendance.

I sincerely wish you and <child> all the very best with your new day care provider.

Many thanks
    Provider

Shy
    I have one girl that I watch after school and even after snack time she keeps asking for more food and when I tell her snack time is over she sneaks in the cupboard and fridge and eats in the bathroom or hides. She is 9 so this behaviour is totally unacceptable. I've discuss it with her and set rules but she just doesn't get it.

In your situation I would just outline to the parents what meals and snacks you are willing to provide and let them know they are welcome to send a lunch bag of food with him so he can eat if he needs to outside of that.

I would also suggest telling them that there is a rate increase and that's that. I'm not sure where you are from but I get asked daily at school drop offs and the park if I have space in my day home.

Good luck!

I can't believe she would even expect that of you.

Outgoing
    Quote Originally Posted by mickyc View Post
    Honestly I think this is ridiculous. What is going to happen when the child goes to school. I likely doubt the school will allow this either.
    When the child is in school, they have their set snack/meal times too, just like us as DCP's. if they are in full day kindergarten, they will get (breakfast in the am, whether at home or in care before school) a mid morning snack, lunch, and a mid afternoon snack. He won't be able to eat whenever he wants. There is no way a teacher with 25 kids in her class can allow that.

Starting to feel at home...
    I'm curious to know how this ends up. Please let us know if you have a chance!

Outgoing
    Quote Originally Posted by flowerchild View Post
    I'm curious to know how this ends up. Please let us know if you have a chance!
    I keep popping back too hoping for an update.