Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I'm wondering!

Starting to feel at home...

I'm wondering!

Hello,

I have a DC child, since he was one year old, I being charging the full time price including meal, snacks, and 8 to 9 hours of daycare everyday but now he just turned 3 years old with my help and his parents we are teaching him to potty train which he learned it fast it was a lot of work for me at times because he smeared everywhere that was
    but he still learning now he wears underwear so I have to watch for accidents now my questions is because he is almost succeeding at potty and he just turned 3 Do I have to lower my price to a preschooler which I heard is $650.00 even thought they use the whole 9 hours at times. I don't know what to do? Can someone give me an advise of how to do this? thanks.

Outgoing
    You don't have to do anything you don't want with your fees other than your contracted agreement.

I have a flat fee. It's the same regardless of age because ever age has extra needs. At 12 months, they are adjusting to being away from home and being encouraged to learn to walk. At two I am trying to extend their vocabulary and toilet train and teach them put on shoes and coats independently. At 3 I am teaching them their letters and numbers. At 4 they are eating way more than the little ones.

Some people charge more for infant care but unless you specified to this client that you were charging extra based on the needs of this infant when they joined, you aren't obligated to drop your rates when the next phase of development begins.

Are your client's asking you to drop your rate and if so, why do they think this should happen?

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rachael For This Useful Post:

Thank you, your input has helped me, I felt that as soon as they turn 3 I needed to drop the price because I have heard from some preschools they charge $650.00 but I have to think that in daycare the kids stay longer, eat and I provided in preschools they don't provide the food and is less hours and is two days a week depending, thank you it makes feel better that I don't feel obligated to change it, my clients are not asking me they feel very comfortable with my service, and I was finding out just in case they ask me but I don't think they will.

Euphoric !
    Quote Originally Posted by littlefish View Post
    Thank you, your input has helped me, I felt that as soon as they turn 3 I needed to drop the price because I have heard from some preschools they charge $650.00 but I have to think that in daycare the kids stay longer, eat and I provided in preschools they don't provide the food and is less hours and is two days a week depending, thank you it makes feel better that I don't feel obligated to change it, my clients are not asking me they feel very comfortable with my service, and I was finding out just in case they ask me but I don't think they will.
    This is because in preschools and daycare centres with the increased age comes increased ratios. They have more children per teacher so therefore can charge that bit less and still pay everyone and stay profitable.

Home daycares do not get more children just because a child turned 3, so there is no reason to lower their fees. It means a direct pay cut to you. Your job does not change based on the child being 35months verses 36months...your pay should not change either! If they ask, tell them this. Centre do it because they are suddenly allowed to have more kids and less teachers. Your daycare ratios stay the same, their child's level and quality of care stays the exact same and your PAY should stay the exact same!!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Lee-Bee For This Useful Post:

Shy
    My price is the same regardless of age. Any age has it's challenges. The only thing I will change is as of 2016 I will charge a bit more for a child under 2 due to Bill 10 limiting the number of two years old we can take in Ontario.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to briar_rose For This Useful Post:

Yes, my rate for under 2 will go up when Bill 10 takes effect (along with a couple other policy changes), however I happen to think that children 3 yrs and older are more work, they eat more, fight with each other way more, stop napping ( so I get no break), are way harder on toys....so if it were not for Bill 10, I would seriously consider charging more for kids 3 and older....

10. The Following User Says Thank You to MsBell For This Useful Post: