Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Euphoric !
    I have a the foundations quad and that is about right for used because of what they cost new. Where are you buying it new at that price? Presumably it includes the canopys, basket, etc for the used one. All about kids have them and they are pretty expensive. It is ok. I wouldn't want to use it with very heavy kids but I am using it with infants and toddlers. Small wheels so not good for loose materials but great for on the sidewalk. Manouvers not bad. Would love to have a runabout too but this was for sale from a fellow provider so settled for it. I paid $300 used but with the accessories. The one thing I don't like is the braking system. It is great if you have others walking and could be distracted because it is a bar along the handle which you hold up as you push and as soon as you let go of the handle of course that means the bar too and it makes the brakes engage. But I find for too far holding the extra bar is a nuisance so I tend to tie it to the handle which means my emergency break is non-existent but my shoulders appreciate it. The nice thing about any vehicle for multiple kids is that there is a resale value so even used you can get your money back.

Euphoric !
    Thanks Playfelt for the info...I looked at All About Kids and it is $479 plus tax. Do they not come with the canopies and baskets? I never even thought to ask that!

Starting to feel at home...
    If you have a friend who lives close to the border you can order the Foundations Quad from Target. It's only available online, so you have to have an address to ship it too (free shipping in the US). But, the price is right at $429. Includes basket and canopy.

http://www.target.com/The-Quad-4-Pas...i_detailbutton

ETA: It's a good deal considering the exchange rate between Can $ and US $.
    ~ Mama to 4, Dayhome provider ~

Euphoric !
    When I was looking online for options it didn't include the canopies. Those were separate. Not sure about now.

I had the foundations quad and hated it. It is hard to steer, wont go on grass, the lower suncanopy was to low to go over my toddlers heads, heavy, wont go on anything but cement/ashphalt.... never ever would I recommend it, save your money.

I have a Runabout quad and love it.

I am looking for a 6 seater stroller.Now the runabouts are they the hard plastic red ones? Has any one used the bye bye brand? I like the fact that the seats can recline but the wheels look rather small for the amount of weight that can possibly be in it.The solid red ones i think they are the runabouts? I love the wheel hate the fact that they don't recline.I have garage attatched to the house so storage is not a issue ( although hubby would beg to differ lol) Right now I have a single and double peg prego and i am thinking why can't my hubby bolt a few peg pregos together lol.
    Its frustartaing shopping for the big stroller they are like $700 and something in the states and $999.00 here in Canada no luck finding any used yet

Euphoric !
    If you are looking for something that looks intersting but costs a lot this was being advertised locally on kijiji and used ottawa. The person is from Quebec. You can get one that seats up to 8. Not sure I would want to push anything with that many in it but would be nice for crowd control for caregivers with their own kids too. What I need to do is figured a good way to push my daughter's wheelchair while pulling a wagon of kids and a route that doesn't involve any up and down curbs.http://www.mi-ni-wa-gon.com

Runabouts are large wheeled stroller www.bergdesign.net . They are not cheap, but if you call Ron directly he will usually give you a deal. Bye bye buggies are the "Red" ones. No rain cover heavy and doesnt "go" in the snow.

Quote Originally Posted by playfelt View Post
    If you are looking for something that looks intersting but costs a lot this was being advertised locally on kijiji and used ottawa. The person is from Quebec. You can get one that seats up to 8. Not sure I would want to push anything with that many in it but would be nice for crowd control for caregivers with their own kids too. What I need to do is figured a good way to push my daughter's wheelchair while pulling a wagon of kids and a route that doesn't involve any up and down curbs.http://www.mi-ni-wa-gon.com
    Haha thats neat set my brain going why couldn't hubby build something like that but then he mentioned the weight if he built it.Ya way out of my budget but kinda neat looking lol

Quote Originally Posted by giraffe View Post
    Runabouts are large wheeled stroller www.bergdesign.net . They are not cheap, but if you call Ron directly he will usually give you a deal. Bye bye buggies are the "Red" ones. No rain cover heavy and doesnt "go" in the snow.
    I looked at the runabouts and i am undecided what i think of them.I have concern as my guys are mostly 1 and 2 year olds and alot of times fall asleep on walks .I could not find a price on the runabouts do you happen to know an aproximate price? Also do you own one? what ages do you use it for if you do and how do you like it?