Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Starting to feel at home...

How do you get around?

Stroller? Wagon? If you take trips away from your dayhome, how do you manage it? Do you like what you've got? What would you upgrade to if you could? What kind of weather do you use your equipment in? Rain? Snow? How do you manage the weather?
    ~ Mama to 4, Dayhome provider ~

(4 kids) I have a choo-choo by step 2... ok but heavy doesnt go in the snow or on any rough terrain
    (2 kids) double Graco stroller love it but not in snow
    (2 kids) double bike trailer stroller great in snow and rain (built in weather sheild) and big tires
    (4 kids) Runabout I looooove my runabout drives well in ANYTHING! but I do hate putting the kids in and out when the rain cover is on.
    (1-4 kids) high sided Ice Fishing sled - only works in snow

All in all though my best pruchase was my Runabout, my only regret was not getting a quint.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to giraffe For This Useful Post:

I have a Graco Double stroller that I've used year round...it does OK in the snow but not great, that's for sure. WOrkable. Great for weather protection though because of the rain cover.

I also have a triple stroller. It's OK in most weather but not in deep snow. I use a single and double rain cover with it to keep kids dry in rain.

I'm getting a RUnabout Quint in March with my hubby's tax refund. WooooohooooooO! How is the quality of the rain cover?

Currently I have two children (a 1 yr old and a 2 yr old), and will only accept one more child full-time. But I have a great double jogging stroller (older model - so no rain cover - so getting my mom to make me one!). My sisters' neighbour was going to throw it in the garbage, but remembered I have a daycare... In the snow, I use two plastic sleds (also found for free!).

I would love to have a wagon - specifically the choo choo wagon (but not willing to spend money on it). Always looking on usedottawa.com and kijiji.ca!

Euphoric !
    I have a quad stroller I bought from a retiring caregiver and it is great in nice weather. Has sun canopies for all four seats. Don't take them out in the rain anyways. I have a large wagon that can fit all 5 and has bigger wheels than some wagons. I got it when we lived in London from Smitty's Little Haulers but there is another company I have seen people use but forget the name - wagon is in the webname but sorry that isn't very helpful. I use the old fashion walking harnesses with it where I put the harness on the child and then wrap the rein part around the slats till it is tight and then when we go out I just have to place the children and clip them in. This works well with even the little ones because being so tight the harness keeps them in a sitting position.

Our park doesn't really have a lot for the toddlers so we normally spend our outside time in the backyard where we have the sandbox, climber, group swing, playhouse, etc. - they get to run and I get to sit.

I was looking at the Smittys Lil Haulers Wagon....how many children do you think would comfortably fit? I wish they had pictures on their website of the wagon with something as a reference...with only the wagon sitting in a field it's hard to get a feel for it's size.

Starting to feel at home... Tot-Time's Avatar
    I travel with the kids via 2 ways my quint runabout stroller and my honda odessy (8 seater).

With both I am fully equiped and both handle all weather!

Although both are expensive, I wouldn't upgrade them at all! My runabout has the canopy and weathershield (and yes the kiddies are a booger to get in and out with the weather shield on).
    ~*~ Nicole's Tot-Time Daycare ~*~
    www.nicolestot-time.com

I have 4-6 year olds so we get around with snow suits and winter boots but I did have a Triple Runabout, LOVED it, MISS it, WISH I still had it!! LOL! I decided I would stick with this age group so I sold the Runabout but it was a great stroller!!!
    Last edited by lilac; 02-19-2011 at 10:01 PM.

Euphoric !
    I replied to this yesterday about the wagon but when I posted there was just a bunch of jumping and then it went back to the main page. Looks like it never posted. My wagon is almost 2 feet across by 4 feet long. I cut a piece of 2" foam to fit the bottom of the wagon and wrapped it in vinyl and then cover with a blanket to make it more comfy for sitting. With toddlers I have put 6 in there with three on each side but they have to sit with their legs crossed. When my own got bigger I put her at the end and the others on the sides. I have put an infant sitter right into the wagon so works great for that too. A rubbermaid bin or laundry basket fits across the wagon so this worked well for trips and outings with our family since Brianne rode and are stuff was right there. I have never regretted getting my wagon. I have the canopy for it that makes it look like a covered wagon but one of the originals and pretty sure they have changed the design to something better now. This wagon was bought in 1994 and is still in use. On it's third set of wheels it was used so much I even wore the treads off them,lol. Main advantage is weight of child isn't as much of a concern as for the quad stroller.

Shy
    I saw you ladies talking about the Runabouts so I am looking on line at them. I want one! I am now trying to see how much they cost.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast