Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Ok so the ones that recline are angel brand they recline but look like small wheels oyy I need something soon tomorrow we are grounded cause i have 3 1 year olds a 21 month old and a 2 year old and my biggest stroller right now is a double .I have our local baby store dealer looking for 1 ( springys) but this search is frustrating lol i cannot afford $1000 for a stroller thats just plain crazy!

Euphoric !
    Check out your local garden centre, Canadian Tire, farm implement dealer (there is a John Deere version), and for around $200 you can get a garden cart wagon that will be large enough for five. If you don't have the harnesses, you can rig a similar thing using bungee cords. It would getyou through till you get something else. Having that many in the cart will give them something to lean against if they fall asleep. Might also want to consider time of day for the walks and instead give them a nap and then go for a walk if they are falling asleep everyday.

Shy
    Playfelt, I used the garden wagon for a whole summer and it worked well with my little ones. I suped it up with bumper pads, 5 point harnesses, etc and a weatherproof shield too. It was heavy with the 5 children but it worked until I could afford a quint stroller. I did find though that once the children were about 2 they were starting to get too big for the stroller and I started to teach them how to walk.

Shy
    I personally LOVE my Choo Choo wagon!!! Now of course it is not a stroller so they cannot recline but it sure helps me get out and about!!!
    Good luck with your search.
    Love: Mrs. Laurie

Starting to feel at home...
    Quote Originally Posted by busybee View Post
    I looked at the runabouts and i am undecided what i think of them.I have concern as my guys are mostly 1 and 2 year olds and alot of times fall asleep on walks .I could not find a price on the runabouts do you happen to know an aproximate price? Also do you own one? what ages do you use it for if you do and how do you like it?
    They do recline and yes you are looking at about $1000. But they do hold their value and can usually be sold for close to what was paid for it. All of my kids are 1 and 2 and I have no probelm reclining the seats when they fall asleep.

YES I do own one and I love it! in the past I have had the Foundations Quad (this may be a cheaper option for you, but it does not go in the snow and is hard to steer), a triple peg (large wheeled... loved it but needed a quad), Choo Choo wagon by Step 2 (heavy to pull and doesnt go in the snow). I love my Runabout and it has been worth the $ it cost (so that I can get out and about). i also like that it has a great rain cover and that the wheels are very big so that yes you can travel in the snow.

Euphoric !
    Does anyone know where I can find a triple stroller (not the Foundations one); I am hoping to get one of those where two kids sit and then one can stand or sit backwards at the rear. Basically, I want something that can hold three kids but can also fold fairly small and fit in the back of my van. I have been looking on Kijiji and Used Ottawa and haven't had any luck yet, but I can't seem to find where to buy one new. Any thoughts anyone?

Euphoric !
    There are sales at least once a year sponsored by the moms of multiples group here in the city and you might have some luck working through them. Also if you pay the money to buy a new stroller you can likely get a good resale value for it selling it either through the group or through the CCPRN classifieds. Have you tried posting a wanted ad on the CCPRN website. If you aren't a member of that group it is worth joining for $25 a year - anyone in Ottawa coming out on Sunday for diecutting and resource library say you belong to this group. I will be there with my felt to show and there will be other office supplies out too.

Euphoric !
    Thanks Playfelt...I will try posting through CCPRN (I am a member). I would possibly buy one new, but the only ones I have seen are the Foundations ones. I don't know where to buy one new. Does anyone know?

Euphoric !
    Just did a google search for triple strollers for sale in Canada and this is the first thing that came up. I thought someone was looking for one where two kids sit and one stands and there is one of those about third row down.http://shop.ebay.ca/i.html?_nkw=trip...2&_from=&_ipg=

Euphoric !
    Thanks again Playfelt; that is exactly what I am looking for, but I don't want to buy it online. I want to be able to see it and try it out in person before buying!