Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Shy

What to charge for 3X a week care

Just curious what you ladies would charge for an 18month old that needs care three times a week. I only have two full timers in my care (plus my own two -one of them is in morning junior kindergarten) so the idea of a child coming three days a week sort of appeals to me at this point.

My full time full day rate is $43 plus vacation pay which works out to $45.64.

I know that a lot of people charge more for part time care as it takes up one of your full time spots but I really am not sure how much more per day I should charge (maybe $45 or $46 plus vacation pay?)

Suggestions please

Just curious....how do you calculate your vacation pay? Is it paid on each cheque?

My rates increase $5/day. Ex: 5days/week $40
    4 days/week $45
    1-3 days/week $50

My rates are charged on a per day basis. I charge an extra 15 dollars per day for part time care. I don't charge parents vacation pay, but they do pay me their full rate when they go on holidays. Hope this helps.

Shy
    thanks for your replies ladies

Starting to feel at home... angelina's Avatar
    thanks for the thread. that is really good explanation there.

i thought it would be cheaper. Since, I have $40 fulltime, then part timers is $35. I think I got this one backwards. Good to check out with fellow caregivers.
    If they whine, give them cheese. If they're not hugable, hug yourself. (me)

angelina, are you thinking "shorter days" maybe? rather than the same length days but fewer in the week? it would make sense to consider charging less for a shorter day, although not many providers offer that option either, considering it takes a full day spot. just wondering

I charge the same amount per day for full time as I do for part time, however...full time has a minimum due as well as part time. I charge for 3 days care for part time even if they only attend 1 or two days in each week, they still need to pay for three.

Euphoric !
    I only charge $3 more per day for a part time child but I insist that they come 3 days/week so that they can adjust to daycare life and feel comfortable. The reason we charge a little more for part-timers is that they can schedule their days around stats and don't have to pay for them.

Euphoric !
    I charge $2/day more for part-time (2-3 days per week)...I don't do 1 day a week and for 4 days I require full-time fees for 5 days a week. I think you need to be careful about calling it "vacation pay" as that puts you in an employer/employee relationship. I understand what you are doing, but if I were you I would change the wording or simply say that your rate is $45 and you don't charge for your daycare closures.