Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Shy
    Thanks for the advice everyone!

I managed to talk to my accountant today and she says if my monthly fee for the kids is say, $1000, than I would issue the full monthly amounts on one receipt regardless who pays. I am obligated to provide both parents with a receipt if they request it but it is the exact same receipt, no modifications what so ever. It is up to them to figure out how they will claim the kids and it leaves me out of it.

I think this is what I'll do since payment for the first couple months came from mom but dad says he paid her and mom says no he didn't so this way will at least keep me out of that he said/she said as well.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NannyGlo For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    Oh yes...that sounds familiar! Glad your accountant was able to help

Euphoric !
    Good to know!

Outgoing
    I'd be super tempted to make sure that receipt has a unique identifier like a receipt number as the security receipt books have. I'd be really nervous about giving Mom a receipt for the total bill and Dad a receipt for the total bill just in case BOTH tried to make a claim and CRA throught I'd earned double the income, if that makes sense.

Maybe even write "DUPLICATE COPY" on one of them.

Shy
    I asked about that too as it was one of my concerns as well and she said not to put anything different on it and she was very specific that it was to be the exact same receipts. It would be no different if they said they lost the receipt you would just give them a new print. I should mention my receipts are digital and not from a receipt book.

If they both try to claim, it would be fraud on their part. You just did what you were obligated to do which is provide a receipt. If you make changes I guess it could be looked at as a different receipt.

BTW, They also said that each child must be on their own receipt now, even if they are siblings.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to NannyGlo For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    Quote Originally Posted by Rachael View Post
    I'd be super tempted to make sure that receipt has a unique identifier like a receipt number as the security receipt books have. I'd be really nervous about giving Mom a receipt for the total bill and Dad a receipt for the total bill just in case BOTH tried to make a claim and CRA throught I'd earned double the income, if that makes sense.

Maybe even write "DUPLICATE COPY" on one of them.
    That would be them completing fraud, not you. You would have both copies of your receipt for the one child to prove your income.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to 5 Little Monkeys For This Useful Post: