Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Euphoric !
    Ummm what?!?!

You've certainly had your fair share of different ones 33daiseys!!

Starting to feel at home...
    Oh my gosh, 33daiseys, laying on your bed? Never mind me getting mad, my husband would have lost it and told him to leave.

As far as the scent issue, I would let her know that you have stopped using them when her child is there, but you are not going to stop all together or get rid of them. If it was that bad, I don't understand why she didn't mention something at the interview.

Outgoing
    Quote Originally Posted by 33 Daiseys View Post
    I ve also had parents start opening dresser drawers, open my fridge to smell my milk, one dad even lay down on my bed if he could have a nap, while the mom and i talked. Needless to say i ended that interview then and there. This is over the 6 years mind you, It just amazes me the lack of respect we are show, as if we are 200 years ago, and nothing but the "MAID", or something
    Pardon my acronym but WTF?????

Outgoing
    Quote Originally Posted by mattsmom View Post
    Oh my gosh, 33daiseys, laying on your bed? Never mind me getting mad, my husband would have lost it and told him to leave.

As far as the scent issue, I would let her know that you have stopped using them when her child is there, but you are not going to stop all together or get rid of them. If it was that bad, I don't understand why she didn't mention something at the interview.
    my thoughts exactly!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to MonkeyPrincess For This Useful Post:

Expansive...
    OMG Daisy!!! That's insane, wtf is WRONG with people???

Luckily, I haven't had that sort of breed come through me yet, lol. The most outrageous demand I had was "We will sign with you if you raise your household temperature to 24 degrees" *blink* *blink* Next!!!

OP- I'd be miffed too (and that's not just the Scentsy consultant in me! LOL), you were incredibly respectful of her sensitivity and now it feels like she's accusing you of lying. A coupe of the ladies have great suggestions and I think an email or follow up conversation is appropriate to set things straight.

Outgoing
    I'm reading these and I can't believe some of the nut bars some of you have for interview.

Do you not do a telephone interview first, run though your policies, your day, your expectations and then, only if you are sure they are a good fit and respectful, do you hand out your address? I tackle interviews this way, so then coming here and meeting me and seeing the day care, is just a formality. I've eliminated disrespectful people. I've eliminated those who don't communicate openly. I've eliminated those who aren't a good fit.

It's 30 mins MAX to come in, meet me, review police checks and other papers, see the place, and LEAVE.

Don't you vet people before they come out?

I do very much so, if you do not "pass" the phone interview I email and tell you

Expansive...
    Sometimes "the crazy" doesn't come out until you meet in person, lol.

And no, I do not do telephone interviews first. When I find I do need to advertise (I've been lucky to fill mostly through word of mouth), I host all the interviews on one weekend day and then choose among the applicants. I actually, don't do well on the phone and am much better in person where I can read someone's body language. My interview process is email, ask a few basic questions...send and have them read my policy handbook/contract and they can book an interview from there. But it's all done through email before we meet face to face and this has always worked very well for me.

Euphoric !
    Quote Originally Posted by Lou View Post
    Sometimes "the crazy" doesn't come out until you meet in person, lol.

And no, I do not do telephone interviews first. When I find I do need to advertise (I've been lucky to fill mostly through word of mouth), I host all the interviews on one weekend day and then choose among the applicants. I actually, don't do well on the phone and am much better in person where I can read someone's body language. My interview process is email, ask a few basic questions...send and have them read my policy handbook/contract and they can book an interview from there. But it's all done through email before we meet face to face and this has always worked very well for me.
    I agree with you!! Crazy sometimes gets hidden and doesn't come out until they don't get their way!!

I do almost the same as you. I send them my contract and policies via email, if they like it we meet. If I like them I offer them the spot and they have 2 days to think about it. If they pass or I don't offer them the spot, I go on to the next interview. This has cut my interview process down SO MUCH!!! My time is important to me just as it is to everyone else.

Last time I interviewed I did it my old way and met a few families and than was going to make my decision. The last one wanted to sign on then and there and I really liked them so they got the spot. I had told the others to let me know if they wanted the spot and a few got back to me and said yes and I unfortunately had to say no to them. It makes me feel horrible saying no though so back to my new way it is!! (One at a time )