Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread

Advice on how/when to give notice...

Hi!!
    I am a sahm with a 5-year-old and a 3-year-old. I watch my 12-month-old nephew 3 days a week. I have been watching him for about 3.5 months now. He is a great little boy and I enjoy having him but I have decided that, come summer, and once my oldest is done kindy, I do not want to watch him anymore. What is the best way to give my notice and how should I do it? I want her to have lots of notice and not to be upset with me. She is my husband's brother's girlfriend. I really don't want any family drama Thanks for any advice.

Euphoric !
    Halo25; If you are just an Aunt who has looked after a family member for over three months, then it's not like you have to give formal notice. You said you are a stay-at-home-mom so it sounds like this is not a business but more of a favour.

I think you tell them now. Give as much notice as possible for them to figure out what they are going to do come the summer.

Why do you think there will be family drama over this? Did they expect you to do it for ever? Did you say you would do it long term?

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Suzie_Homemaker For This Useful Post: