Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Hygiene

glad to know i wasn't the only one who took offence.

Starting to feel at home...
    100% entitled to charge more! SuzyHomemaker, she is not "ripping the client off" by doing something. Parents should have done.
    Back to the OP's original issue though, is this a case of neglect? You mentioned your current agency doesn't want to take the extra step....
    Does the child show up in a full/leaking diaper? Food on his face? Dirty/worn clothing?

Euphoric !
    Quote Originally Posted by superfun View Post
    We aren't in the same business as a restaurant, or a window washing company (which I would assume would charge more based on how dirty the window is), so we can't compare our business's to those ones.
    That true. We are in business of caring for children. Of supporting parents. Of being a substitute safe and loving carer when their own parent can't be there and have to work. We are in business of kindness and love and a little compassion. We in business of not belittling parent efforts and pretending we all perfect. We are in business of looking after small children who need to feel accepted and special not humiliated and not made to feel like their Mommy or Daddy did something wrong and it's all a big inconvenience for carer.

If you feel as parent you always get everything right and never make error, fine, but I don't believe. If you never been in tough place and just trying to do your best in hard situation, then fine, you lucky person. But maybe, just maybe, one day you need someone to be a little kind to your kids, to love a little extra, and to not shame you and bill you for little failings.

For all you know, this dad could be working three jobs, struggling to get up in morning through sheer exhaustion, trying to give child a quick wash over because he needs to get back to another job or lose his house.

You just don't know what is going on in someone's life and is it really a big deal to find a few mins a day to do this small task? Should you have to? No. But really is it a bug deal esp when you know something is going on for grandma to be trying to help Dad out.

Why is it easier to put hand out for more money than to just be kind and take few mins to wash child who needs a little extra care?

I bet if you had a child in your care who was super cute and liked to snuggle for 10 mins every morning you would be able to find time to do that. What big deal to find same 10 mins and wash small child and make them feel clean and comfortable and loved? Or is caring not part of job?
    Last edited by Suzie_Homemaker; 02-25-2015 at 08:11 PM.

yes actually i do charge more, extra work, time effort, costs, extra fees..

5. The Following User Says Thank You to 33 Daiseys For This Useful Post:

no, but i have trimmed a child's hair after repeatedly asking the parents to do it, same as nails, and yes even putting a child in the bath, and washing heir clothes. why should my home become soiled from dirty hands and clothing? Why should i feel bad for taking a dirty child out in public

7. The Following User Says Thank You to 33 Daiseys For This Useful Post:

Do you know he actual meaning of the word assault???
    This said child had come to daycare for two weeks with a huge knot, afer trying to remove it with detangler, for most of he morning, I texted one of the parents, and ASKED if I could trim their hair. Said parent was very happy, as the other parent was out of the country for a month at ha time, and they were over whelmed, exhausted and it was he last thing on their mind. The parent ha was away ways extremely thankful, and brought me chocolates and wine ( that made a very yummy stew).
    And yes in my signed contract, i do have have that I can bath child if need be, and trim their nails if they are to long, and could scratch another child.
    What business is it of you how many posts I have made?
    Who is keeping score?
    Really I give up, obviously you haven't read the responses where people are suggesting that you are being a bit rude and harsh and have nicely suggested that it is and can be hurtful, but if this is the high light of your day, go for it.
    We have a neat little feature called ignore.
    Please refrain from commenting on any of my posts, as I will no longer entertain you.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to 33 Daiseys For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    This ignore feature is useful for trollers. I will use. That most useful contribution you ever made.

Expansive...
    thread closed

12. The Following User Says Thank You to mamaof4 For This Useful Post: