Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Shy

Should I Terminate?

I am lucky enough to care for the best little group of kids, I have such a great relationship with them all and treat them all like my own... But I'm feeling very disrespected from one of the Dads, it kills me to think about terminating them but I'm tired of his disrespect towards me. I need a little advice on what to do.
    Long story short 5 months ago I sent one of the girls home with the flu, as in my contract they are not to return until 24 hours after last symptom. Mom was great and came right away, she knows my policy and said she would keep me posted on when DG would be back. The next morning I get a text from dad wanting to drop DG off, I explained to him that she can't return for 24 hours after last symptom. He told me he has to go into work and has no other option, mom just started a new job and couldn't leave. I stuck to my policy and said no, well the whole afternoon he sent me rude text messages telling me my rules are a joke and because of this he might loss his job. I was in tears with how rude he was being towards me, I have always had a great relationship with mom & dad. I ended up phoning mom at work and explained everything that was going on (her and dad ARE married) she tells me she had no clue about any of it and that Dad never told her he had to go into work (it was his day off) I forwarded her all his messages so she could see how rude he was being.
    I did up a termination letter and gave it to her that same week, that Friday at pickup she asked if we could talk. She begged me To keep her girls and promised nothing like this would ever happen again. Because I have such a big heart and love those girls I agreed to let them stay but told her this was the last straw and if anything like this happens ever again they will be let go.
    Well for the last 5 months Dad hasn't been doing drop off's or pickup it was always mom, I assumed he was still mad and holding a grudge towards me. Well starting last month mom decided she wants to go to the gym in the mornings so she tells me Dad will be doing drop offs again. I have no problem with this it doesn't bother me at all, whatever happens 5 months ago was in the past. He on the other hand must not be over it, he won't look at me, talk to me or even come into my house. When I say have a good morning he doesn't respond only says bye to the girls and leaves!!
    Well today Iv had enough of his rudeness, I sent mom a message asking if he still had an issue with me and that his attitude towards me is rude at drop off.
    She claims he's just mad because she started going to the gym and is grumpy because his routine has changed in the mornings....
    I feel so disrespected by this family, I treat those girls like my own. I constantly help them out when needed, I give them all my daughters clothing she has out grown, spoil them rotten on birthdays and Christmas and this is how he acts towards me?!?
    I'm at a loss, should I cut my ties or am I over reacting?
    Any advice?

Outgoing
    Is it just that he won't talk to you? That's a GOOD thing. Just grab the kids and send him on his way. Stop doing special for them too.
    Home of child care expertise. Child care consultant for home providers, child care centers, and parents. http://daycarewhisperer.com/
    Please join us on Facebook
    https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/daycare.whisperer

It's hard when we get so attach to the kids and so de attached from the parents. I've had many issues like yours in the past. And I've come to learn that as much as I love those kids and don't want to see them go I devaule myself if I keep them. Don't let ppl treat u that way. Ur worth way more. It's sad to see the kids go but u don't deserve that and another loving family will come along. Dad obviously has issues still and it may be time to let him move on. I once kept a family on for two yrs because of the kids and the parents will awful. I eventually let them go and felt so great after. It was affecting my mood my job my family my kids. I wasn't happy. Do what makes u happy and don't let ppl treat u at way. There's a cool saying I like....I'll find it and send it. good luck

4. The Following User Says Thank You to babydom For This Useful Post:

"Respect yourself enough to walk away from anything that no longer serves you, grows you, or makes you happy. If you aren't being treated with love and respect, check your price tag. Maybe you have marked yourself down. It is you who tells people what your worth is. Get off the clearance rack and get behind the glass where they keep the valuables."

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to babydom For This Useful Post:

Expansive...
    Honestly, if you love the girls and if the aren't breaking any policies, I would just be the bigger person and continue to be polite and ignore the asshat.

Outgoing
    I agree Lou....I'd ignore him...wouldn't talk to him if I didn't have to....if you love the girls...carry on....take their money.... til they give you a reason to say by by

9. The Following User Says Thank You to sandylynn For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    I can't imagine how frustrating and hurtful it is for you...but if you can just accept it for what it is and welcome them every morning and go on with your day I would. If it truly stresses you out then you are free to terminate but sometimes people just suck.

Some people are NOT forgiving and some people CANNOT admit they were in the wrong...they just pout and try to win by ignoring. Can you imagine being married to him? Are you able to help the mom out by keeping the girls? I'm sure mom has a lot of crap to put up with at home with him, finding new care is an added stress...especially when dad will likely step out of line with the new day home...that daycare provider might not be strong enough to stand up for herself and will have this dad running the show.

Maybe dad will stop pouting about his routine change and start talking nicely some day. He signed the contract, needs to abide by it, if he doesn't like it he can pout and keep it to himself. Seems like he now knows enough not to try and twist your arm to his liking...that's the best you can get from these types of people!

The best thing you can do is greet him every morning with a big smile and completely ignore the fact he is being childish...it will drive him nuts because you are SUPPOSED to give in and be uncomfortable with his behavior...that's how he's learn to get his way!

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lee-Bee For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    Totally agree ^^^^^

Expansive...
    Yup, kill him with kindness.