Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Starting to feel at home...

Who's sick day is it anyway?

Morning all!
    So I've had a bought of the flu over the weekend and again on Monday morning. I texted all my parents to let them know I can't open that day, my apologies etc. they all responded and said no prob, they will stay home or whatnot. All except for one family didn't get the message in time and showed up usual time. I answered the door and apologized, that I am closed for the day with the flu. She was totally understanding and told me that she was only bringing her one daughter today as her other daughter had diarrhea over the wknd and was going to grandmas anyways.
    My sick days are unpaid.
    My question is, do I owe this family the money for both girls, or technically just the one?
    I was closed again yesterday, and she kept me informed that her other daughter was still sick, so technically, if I were open, she would not have attended on Monday or Tuesday.
    Wwyd?
    Thank u!

Euphoric !
    I've had this happen before (family of one though). I didn't charge them because I wasn't available for them. Lucky day for them! Just like when a child stays home sick but still has to pay...lucky day for me then.

Yes 5LM is right. If your close no charge. Regardless if they were coming or not. You were not available.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to babydom For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    Quote Originally Posted by 3rdtimesacharm View Post
    Morning all!
    So I've had a bought of the flu over the weekend and again on Monday morning. I texted all my parents to let them know I can't open that day, my apologies etc. they all responded and said no prob, they will stay home or whatnot. All except for one family didn't get the message in time and showed up usual time. I answered the door and apologized, that I am closed for the day with the flu. She was totally understanding and told me that she was only bringing her one daughter today as her other daughter had diarrhea over the wknd and was going to grandmas anyways.
    My sick days are unpaid.
    My question is, do I owe this family the money for both girls, or technically just the one?
    I was closed again yesterday, and she kept me informed that her other daughter was still sick, so technically, if I were open, she would not have attended on Monday or Tuesday.
    Wwyd?
    Thank u!
    You owe them for both. Technically she wasn't coming anyway and if you were open she would have paid but you were not open so technically doesn't matter. Factually matters and you were not available to work. IF this person did get your text and not knock on the door, then you would not know one child was sick anyway.

If your contact says not available means they don't pay, the they don't pay.