Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Expansive...

What made me smile today

I am still dealing with my chronic foot pain, and now my chronic hand pain has returned too due over use - so now my feet AND my hands hurt all day long. :-(

But I am trying to be positive and so am sharing the thing that made me smile this morning.

My 2.5 year old dcg sat and listed off for me everyone she knows who has a penis and everyone who has a vagina. Very informative! Lol

2. The Following User Says Thank You to AmandaKDT For This Useful Post:

Outgoing
    My 2 year old loves dancing, so we were spinning around and jumping, I was lifting her up and spinning her. Anyways, I had to stop and sit down, so I told her I was tired and needed to sit down for a minute. She pointed to the kitchen and told me to go drink my coffee! She's a problem solver. Haha

I hope you are feeling better soon!
    Last edited by superfun; 02-03-2015 at 10:50 AM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to superfun For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by AmandaKDT View Post
    I am still dealing with my chronic foot pain, and now my chronic hand pain has returned too due over use - so now my feet AND my hands hurt all day long. :-(

But I am trying to be positive and so am sharing the thing that made me smile this morning.

My 2.5 year old dcg sat and listed off for me everyone she knows who has a penis and everyone who has a vagina. Very informative! Lol
    Sorry to hear of your ongoing pain issue Way to change the tone though with the whole penis and vagina dialogue haha

Have you considered taking a turmeric supplement? It's shelf name is Curcumin....it is proven to be a stronger anti inflammatory than NSAIDs without any of the negative effects. Best used for arthritis sufferers and any chronic inflammatory disease. Might help!

Euphoric !
    Unfortunately no smiles here today. Another day of cranky kids and "handful" child is driving me crazy! Full moon I realize and for some reason it always affects my group.

My smile will be from 12:30-3 today (nap time!!!)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to mickyc For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    Listening to my husband and the 18 month old having a conversation while I was making lunch and she was visiting him in the computer room. I could over hear her telling him about her blankie, him telling her it was too cold to go out today (she was trying to put his shoes on) and him asking about her puppies at home. Than I asked them to clean up so we could go downstairs and she goes running back to him to tell him "all put away!!"....it always melts my heart when he has any interaction with them!!

We painted a couple light switch/outlet covers this weekend for the daycare and the 3 yo boy asked yesterday for a batman one....so my husband had one ready for the bathroom this morning!! The smile on the 3 yo's face was so cute when he saw it

9. The Following User Says Thank You to 5 Little Monkeys For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    Quote Originally Posted by 5 Little Monkeys View Post
    Listening to my husband and the 18 month old having a conversation while I was making lunch and she was visiting him in the computer room. I could over hear her telling him about her blankie, him telling her it was too cold to go out today (she was trying to put his shoes on) and him asking about her puppies at home. Than I asked them to clean up so we could go downstairs and she goes running back to him to tell him "all put away!!"....it always melts my heart when he has any interaction with them!!

We painted a couple light switch/outlet covers this weekend for the daycare and the 3 yo boy asked yesterday for a batman one....so my husband had one ready for the bathroom this morning!! The smile on the 3 yo's face was so cute when he saw it
    You guys so need to have kids! You guys sound like you would be incredible parents. How is everything going on that end? I only ask because you brought up the fertility issues on here before.

Expansive...
    Quote Originally Posted by torontokids View Post
    You guys so need to have kids! You guys sound like you would be incredible parents. How is everything going on that end? I only ask because you brought up the fertility issues on here before.
    Was thinking the same thing.

Expansive...
    Quote Originally Posted by bright sparks View Post
    Sorry to hear of your ongoing pain issue Way to change the tone though with the whole penis and vagina dialogue haha

Have you considered taking a turmeric supplement? It's shelf name is Curcumin....it is proven to be a stronger anti inflammatory than NSAIDs without any of the negative effects. Best used for arthritis sufferers and any chronic inflammatory disease. Might help!
    No, I haven't heard of that. I would be willing to try it. I avoid NSAIDS because I used to have a stomach ulcer. So I haven't been able to take anything to help with the pain.

Expansive...
    Quote Originally Posted by superfun View Post
    My 2 year old loves dancing, so we were spinning around and jumping, I was lifting her up and spinning her. Anyways, I had to stop and sit down, so I told her I was tired and needed to sit down for a minute. She pointed to the kitchen and told me to go drink my coffee! She's a problem solver. Haha

I hope you are feeling better soon!
    I have been told to go have a cup of coffee before too, so funny!

Quote Originally Posted by AmandaKDT View Post
    No, I haven't heard of that. I would be willing to try it. I avoid NSAIDS because I used to have a stomach ulcer. So I haven't been able to take anything to help with the pain.
    You would also benefit from an anti-inflammatory diet...I could PM you the name of a fantastic book and the author is amazing..I've met her and made many changes myself which have really worked.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to bright sparks For This Useful Post: