Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
    Outgoing

Judgement in trial

Lhhliblhbiibliublu
    Last edited by Teagansmom; 03-24-2015 at 07:05 PM.

Euphoric !
    That is horrible! I am so sorry this happened to you. Do you have an recourse or can you appeal it in any way?

Euphoric !
    OMG....

This actually makes me angry!!! Of course we can't always be 100% sure that real abuse and neglect is happening. That is what CFS is for!!!! They get calls from concerned citizens and it is THEIR job to investigate!

This judge is an idiot and now will be increasing the risk for abused children to go unnoticed by the system because concerned people like you will now be terrified to report it. Sooo sad!!

Starting to feel at home...
    I'm so sorry and baffled that this was the outcome. We are mandated reporters are we not? I really feel this should be taken to the media.

Euphoric !
    I really don't understand this at all. I have worked with CAS intimately and have made many reports (when I worked as a social worker) this is disgusting. There are supposed to be no repercussions as long as there was no malice. You can even make the calls anonymously which they can't exactly follow up when the report is malicious anyways.

Outgoing
    Oh no! I am so sorry to hear that! How unfair, and yes we are mandated reporters. I would definitely be appealing it!

Outgoing
    I absolutely can't believe that! That's just nuts! I hope you can appeal that!

Euphoric !
    There is nothing I can say that will make you feel any better. I'm shocked at the outcome...genuinely. I'm so very sorry this has happened to you.

This is absolutely heartbreaking news, I am so choked up about this. The whole ordeal was bad enough given that you were only looking out for the best interests of the child but this kind of verdict really does have me losing faith in our social and justice system WTF!?! Really, anyone can see this was family retaliating because you took action against them breaking their contract. I hope you are able to get some kind of support and I think given all the spot lights on childcare right now, a call to a national newspaper would be a good move to bring to light how us as independent daycare providers are forever left out to the dogs, with little resources and/or help in providing the best possible care. It is our duty to report and our hope that we are wrong. This really is stacking the odds of an increase in neglect and abuse going unreported if these are the potential outcomes. Without malice how can this be the verdict. I am so so sorry for this BS. How can people sleep at night. Sending you lots of hugs and positive energy for the road ahead.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to bright sparks For This Useful Post:

Outgoing
    Libhjlbilhblhbljhbjh b
    Last edited by Teagansmom; 03-24-2015 at 07:06 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast