Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast
    Outgoing
    There must be a way to raise money, even if it's not technically being used for legal fees? I'm really a novice at this, but it seems like there should be a way to set up an account if the just want to give you money.
    Let's say you raised money to pay your mortgage, but the money you saved by not making a mortgage payment... you know?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to superfun For This Useful Post:

Outgoing
    Ohbohibohbibuiubl
    Last edited by Teagansmom; 03-24-2015 at 07:14 PM.

Outgoing
    I looked up Champerty -Google - the legal definition seems to be someone paying for someone else to sue (a third person) in exchange for a share of the award or winnings. A Go fund me campaign wouldn't be that. The people who raised money for you wouldn't be entitled to any award. I don't know.

It seems as though the CAS lawyer was working both sides, representing the CAS while advising you but still looking out for the CAS's interest. I think the others are right, could you get a second opinion?

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kindertime For This Useful Post:

Outgoing
    Ohihoiboibbhilbh
    Last edited by Teagansmom; 03-24-2015 at 07:14 PM.

Outgoing
    Also the appeal needs to be filed by the 5th so that leaves me 2 days to decide.

Outgoing
    http://www.e-laws.gov.on.ca/html/sou...s_r14094_e.htm

This link is for the cost of court transcriptions. $4.30/page or $20.00 whichever is greater, sounds like $20.00 max. Not $1500. Am I wrong?

Also, you can get electronic copy for $20.00 Maybe that's easier.

Got this by Google - transcripts from a trial ontario

Starting to feel at home...
    It's a tough call....you don't want to have to spend any more money then you already did or have to....I am extremely dramatic and always love a good a fight + attention.... so you may not agree with me, but I would definitely write a letter stating your side, all the facts and the outcome. Not too long though, you want to make your case clear and to the point. That letter should be emailed to anyone and everyone who will listen, especially to those who don't want to listen. No one should be blind copied, everyone getting this letter should get to see who else is getting it also. You should send it to multiple lawyers, CAS, caregivers, newspapers, ANYONE and EVERYONE YOU CAN!! This is a devastating situation and you should NOT back down. Even if you pay out, your story needs to be told!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to innisfildaycare For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    I was thinking about the conflict of interest too in the sense that CAS set you up with a lawyer of their choice to discourage you from doing anything not in the best interests of CAS. What about making use of your MPP with the idea of him/her bringing up your case in question period so it is out there in the hansard files for all to read even in the future. The question is how can a person be brought to ruin for trying to protect a child. ie asking for parliament to assure the members that a person who is a mandated reporter is legally protected as they are supposed to be. The media then will get wind of what is going on potentially on their own or through your MPP - ie not you going directly to the media. The word has to get out there as a warning that life has changed in our province. CAS is not working on your side in this case. Also interesting to note how often this has happened before as in judges determining outcomes. Wonder what advice CAS gave to the family in question when they asked about getting their name cleared - did CAS say their only option was to sue to clear themselves in the sense that CAS is playing both sides of the fence.

I know for sure I will never be reporting anything I see to the actual authorities but telling someone else who is a mandated reporter my suspicions knowing in theory they have to report what they have been told.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to playfelt For This Useful Post:

Outgoing
    I think it's time for the paper. If this happened to you, I bet you it has happened to others too. Imagine the support you will receive but it will also show the loop hole cas is too. All it takes is one person to read your story to make the difference. I don't understand why you can't turn around and file a suit against them for loss of bussiness

Starting to feel at home...
    I was going to ask about the MPP as well.

This is such an awful situation.