Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Starting to feel at home...

Childcare Choices series on CTV Kitchener

Last night they focused on centers, tonight will be home daycares (which they repeatedly called 'unlicensed'). I'll be watching!

http://kitchener.ctvnews.ca/investig...ices-1.2219616

I hate the unlicensed word, it really knarks me off It implies that there is the option to be licensed and that we the "unlicensed" providers are some how inferior to the "licensed" provider which oh yes little does the general public know, doesn't even exist!!

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bright sparks For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    While I don't like either term I would rather be called unlicensed than unregulated since that makes us sound even more seedy and to be avoided.

Quote Originally Posted by playfelt View Post
    While I don't like either term I would rather be called unlicensed than unregulated since that makes us sound even more seedy and to be avoided.
    Neither one is okay. I would prefer it if neither were used as while they mean different things, neither one is better than the other. Independent home daycare provider, or just as we are most commonly known as "Home Daycare Provider"

Exclamation

Oh my god! I actually can't even believe this. Im so sick of all the negativity revolving home daycare.....Everyone likes to focus on the negatives of home daycare meanwhile every licensed centre has just as many if not more issues. Parents always like to talk about what they don't get at a home daycare JUST LIKE THE MOM IN THE VIDEO!!!! "Oh you don't have to worry about vacation or sick days . Well for 75 dollars a day I could hire like 3 assistants then we wouldn't have that problem but when you pay a whooping 35 a day theres not much we can do in terms of vacations and sick days!!! On top of dealing with parents and kids for prolonged hours why take a vacation ...lets just work 7 days a week 24 hours a day without a break why not .....as for those people who like to claim home daycares aren't safe think a again.....at a licensed daycare a child escaped and was in the ally way when a waitress was walking home and heard a little boy crying mommy meanwhile the centre didn't even know he was missing....an infant was sexually abused at a daycare centre WITH CAMRAS....if you go on youtube and type in daycare abuse majority of those videos if not all take place in LICENSED centers...I know of the recent deaths that happened in Toronto but those people had 25-35 kids so no shit something happened but just because some greedy pig took in 30 kids doesn't make every home daycare BAD......Also in terms of bill 10 good luck with that....They claim they want to keep kids safe...HOW when they don't even know what goes on within a private home daycare and now those greedy pigs that were taking in 20-30 kids will have 50-70 so when we read about the accidents and death rates you have your government to thank for that.....if they really cared they would give us an option to become licensed .....if all home daycares shut down society would be so screwed so I definitely think we all need to go on strike because this is getting out of hand!
    All you home daycare providers (except the greedy pigs) are amazing and if I could I would start a Home Daycare Provider day where we show appreciation to our home daycare providers.....we all ready have mothers and fathers day and considering we are pretty much raising your kids why not....but god forbid it turns into a stat holiday and we get a day off lol!!
    Last edited by Emma H; 02-04-2015 at 08:55 AM.

Euphoric !
    I watched the video. I didn't hear them reference home daycare as unlicensed once. Maybe I missed it but they called centre care "licensed" and the alternative "home daycare."

8. The Following User Says Thank You to torontokids For This Useful Post:

They said the three types of daycare they would be looking at would be centers, licensed and unlicensed home care, and casual care.