Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Euphoric !

Addition to contract re: infant to daycare

Hi ladies,

I have a spot opening in Sept and I have had a few inquiries about taking infants. It seems like forever since I have had an 11 month old with first time parents and I was wanting to add a blurb to my contract about how to prepare child for daycare setting. Do any of you ladies have something similar in your contract? If so could you share.

Thanks

Euphoric !
    I added this recently. I email it out with my parent package and contract. Sorry, it is long!

Tips & Suggestions for Starting Daycare and Daycare Routine/Policies

Eating/Drinking/Bottles
    * I have children's height table and chairs where we eat lunch and snack's (and do art and sensory activities). I have a booster seat available for children younger than 14 months. Having your child practice getting on and off a small chair would be beneficial for them.

* The children feed themselves with a few exceptions (ie. younger child with soup, yogurt, pudding, etc). If they have been exposed to children's cutlery that would be excellent! I don't allow dumping or throwing food and would appreciate if this was encouraged at home as well.

* I serve food in bite size pieces and as they get older, their food pieces get bigger but still appropriately sized for the capabilities.

* I give all children their liquids in the sippy cups provided. As they get older, they will have the opportunity from time to time to drink from child sized glasses. However, for the most part, it will always be in spill proof cups. Bottles will be given at the table. For safety and sanitary reasons, I do not allow bottles in the playpen. If your child depends on a bottle to fall asleep, I would kindly suggest to wean them from this before starting daycare.

Napping
    * Nap time is approximately 1pm - 3pm. All children are expected to nap/lay quietly for at least 30-60 minutes. I am not able to rock children to sleep and because at times, not all children are in the nap room, I am not able to sit in the room until your child falls asleep as I have to be able to monitor all children safely.

* If your child is used to being rocked to sleep, having a person in the room and/or taking a bottle before napping, I would suggest to wean them from this. I am unfortunately not able to accommodate these habits as I have multiple children to care for and can not attend to them all if I have to do these things. I also do not get a break other than nap time and use this time to eat my own lunch and to prep for the afternoon.

* I allow blankies, stuffies and soothers for naptime. Due to safety and sanitary reasons, these things will not be allowed at other times (unless your child is sick and needs a comfort item while waiting for pick up).

Drop Off's
    * I encourage drop off's to be as quick as possible (within 1-3 minutes). This is easiest on all the children and allows us to start our day and get right into playing! Please tell me anything I need to know about your child's night/morning and than give a hug and kiss and say goodbye. I will text you pictures throughout the day of your child playing and having fun!

Toys
    * I have a "no toy throwing" rule and encourage the children to not put toys in their mouth. If these habits could be encouraged at home as well, I would greatly appreciate it! It also cuts down on the spread of illness!!

If you have any questions or concerns at any time, please do not hesitate to speak to me! I am here to help you raise your child and the more we can be on the same page, the better for your child! Consistency will be key to raising a happy, healthy and well adjusted child

3. The Following User Says Thank You to 5 Little Monkeys For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    Excellent! Thanks. I knew I read it before lol

Expansive...
    How long do you find it takes for a child to grow out of the throwing toys phase. I have a 12 month old that has been with me for a month and all he does it walk around throwing everything he can get his hands on or putting it in his mouth. It is truly driving me crazy.

Euphoric !
    LOL....I should look at who is posting!!! I sent it to you to proofread before I emailed it to parents hahaha.

Euphoric !
    Quote Originally Posted by AmandaKDT View Post
    How long do you find it takes for a child to grow out of the throwing toys phase. I have a 12 month old that has been with me for a month and all he does it walk around throwing everything he can get his hands on or putting it in his mouth. It is truly driving me crazy.
    It drives me crazy too lol. Unfortunately, it really does vary!! I have had some older kids (18-24 months) who picked up this habit after being here for months but it usually is the younger crew who do it. I tell them "NO" firmly and make them pick up the toy (hand over hand encouragement from me usually) and than in a softer voice say "we don't throw toys". It usually doesn't take too long for it to stop but some kids definitely test the boundaries for much longer lol.

On the flip side....it's great that they are testing out their gross motor skills

Starting to feel at home...
    5LM you are too cute! Gross motor skills indeed. My kid is 2.5 yrs old and is getting her last molors. she is putting everything in her mouth. The food dumping lasted until about 1.5yrs...taking it away making her pick it up helped teach the lesson. Nose picking is a battle we are finally winning. I think it depends on the kid, the parents, and well how good the rules are enforced. That said....there is always that exception....

9. The Following User Says Thank You to SillyGirl_C For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    Ugh, nose picking!! Another one that drives me crazy...glad to hear that battle is almost over haha