Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Can't sleep!

Outgoing

Can't sleep!

One of my little ones gave himself a pretty good whack on the nose and lip this afternoon. He was going down my slide on his bum but flipped onto his tummy half way down and bumped the side of the slide. His nose bled a little bit and he had a fat lip. I feel horrible, it happened 10 minutes before pick up. I couldnt eat my dinner I am so upset. I hate it when they get hurt on my watch. And now I am sitting here worrying when I should be sleeping. I know that if he wasn't ok, his Grandma would have let me know. Ughh! I just wish my stomach would untwist.

Euphoric !
    I am like that too!! I feel for you!! Is it too late to send a text?

Try not to worry...I'm sure he is fine though. It sounds like a minor accident and he's probably long forgotten about it.

Drink a cup of tea (sleepy time tea if you have it) or take a gravel or 2 and it will make you tired!

Outgoing
    Thanks, yeah it probably is too late to text his Grandma. He was going to the early years centre for a healthy baby check this evening so I am sure if they thought something wasn't right they would have said something to Grandma and I am sure she would have let me know.

I guess I am upset because I am usually right beside him when he is on the slide because he has done the bum then flip thing before and I usually catch him. Today though I wasn't right there. His Grandma wasnt concerned when they left and he climbed the stairs by himself an took off for the door like he usually does.

I just had a cup of camomile tea, I think I will make another one then try to sleep. Thank you for the support 5 Little Monkeys!

Euphoric !
    It never feels good when a child gets hurt under our watch but it is to be expected. Most parents are really good about realizing this and grandma sounds like that type

My sleeping pills are actually kicking in so I'm off go bed lol....I hope the tea helps you sleep! Hope tomorrow is a better day too

Outgoing
    Thanks again, sleep well

Sorry to hear this happened on your watch and I hope you were able to get to sleep eventually last night. How was the little one this morning and Grandma?

Outgoing
    Thanks Bright Sparks. I did fall asleep around three this morning but then my alarm went off at 5 so not much sleep. The little guy didn't come today, he ended up throwing up during the night. Grandma thinks maybe a tummy bug, since one of my other boys had a tummy thing last Thursday but has not been well since. My stomach has been funny since dinner time last night. I am panicking cause i know vomiting can be associated with a concussion but he didnt hit his head it was his nose and lip. Grandma didnt say that he was acting strangely just that he was throwing up. I just texted Grandma to see how he is but she hasnt answered yet. He went to the early years centre last night for a healthy baby check so I would assume they would have noticed if something was off.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to jodaycare For This Useful Post:

Outgoing
    So Grandma just texted back, the little guy has been asleep since before 12 but he kep 2 soda crackers down and she has been giving him Motrin for the fever. She didnt tell me that he had a fever this morning. So I guess I can relax now cause fevers dont happen with concussions that I know of. He will stay home tomorrow to fully recoup.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to jodaycare For This Useful Post: