Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Expansive...
    Quote Originally Posted by bright sparks View Post
    It's pretty much the same wholefood balanced eating plan that any good nutritionist is going to subscribe for weight loss and/or well being. Thanks for passing it on though.

My cravings go after 2-4 weeks depending on how much my body has had to contend with prior too. As I said, I know all the how to's but executing it is another thing. That is where in my opinion it is necessary to get help in three areas not 2 in order to truly combat overeating. It is an eating disorder just like anorexia and bullemia. Healthy eating, exercise and MENTAL WELLNESS. If it is a psychological issue, no amount of knowledge of food or exercise will ever be enough. There is a vital area that is going untreated. Hopefully meetings will make things go a bit differently this time.
    I totally get what you are saying!! I am the same in that I know a lot about nutrition and health but I've been finding it difficult to exercise lately and stick to my healthy diet. I am also a huge believer in a no dairy, no sugar diet as it saved my skin and totally cleared up my acne. For the last couple of months I have "cheated" way too much and my body is making me pay for it in the form of nasty, nasty periods! (And the return of acne)

For me, part of the problem is simply the time of year. It's freezing cold out and i just want to hibernate in my bed or watch TV and EAT! It's been so hard to find the energy to do much!

Outgoing
    Hey Brightsparks! I'm the old bag on the forum (48)...here are my two cents...Yes, it is a constant struggle I find, having the knowledge on how to eat/live and then actually doing it. Throughout my 30s I craved sugar and couldn't get enough of it...instead of getting heavy though, my intestines disintegrated and I got Candida which lead to Leaky Gut where my intestines got perforated and undigested food particles entered my blood stream causing me to be toxic (you're probably knowledgeable with this)...to the point I couldn't digest water properly and I almost stopped eating. A naturopath prescribed me glutamine power to help my intestines heal, so I could eat least start eating baby rice pablum. I'm also off the white foods/dairy and feel better. Having 3 teens that eat like horses and need teen food (chips/cookies) in the cupboard doesn't help... I did just recently purchase a NutriBullet food processor and fill it with kale/nuts/berries/pb/almond milk/flax and that helps keep me feel full during the day and staves off sugar cravings. my teens like it too and it helps get the ugly greens in them they don't like (kale, spinach etc).... I also discovered a blogger online called Chocolate-Covered Katie - the Healthy Dessert Blog which helps me with my sugar cravings (which will never go away I've discovered) .... smiles to you and keep positive. Swimming would be good to help alleviate the pain you have while exercising.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ebhappydc For This Useful Post:

Expansive...
    Forgot to add...be sure to stear clear of sugar in ALL its forms. It is a misconception that honey and maple syrup (among many others) are healthy, acceptable forms of sugar. It has the same effect on your blood sugar and insulin as white sugar. A SUGAR IS A SUGAR IS A SUGAR! I know this from first hand experience. My body does not tolerate sugar and I get bad acne breakouts if I consume any. The only form of sugar I can tolerate is from fruit and dried fruit. No fruit juice probably because is it too concentrated and has no fiber. Just something to think about especially considering your endo. My uterus also punishes me when I cheat on this diet

Outgoing
    Quote Originally Posted by ebhappydc View Post
    Hey Brightsparks! I'm the old bag on the forum (48)...here are my two cents...Yes, it is a constant struggle I find, having the knowledge on how to eat/live and then actually doing it. Throughout my 30s I craved sugar and couldn't get enough of it...instead of getting heavy though, my intestines disintegrated and I got Candida which lead to Leaky Gut where my intestines got perforated and undigested food particles entered my blood stream causing me to be toxic (you're probably knowledgeable with this)...to the point I couldn't digest water properly and I almost stopped eating. A naturopath prescribed me glutamine power to help my intestines heal, so I could eat least start eating baby rice pablum. I'm also off the white foods/dairy and feel better. Having 3 teens that eat like horses and need teen food (chips/cookies) in the cupboard doesn't help... I did just recently purchase a NutriBullet food processor and fill it with kale/nuts/berries/pb/almond milk/flax and that helps keep me feel full during the day and staves off sugar cravings. my teens like it too and it helps get the ugly greens in them they don't like (kale, spinach etc).... I also discovered a blogger online called Chocolate-Covered Katie - the Healthy Dessert Blog which helps me with my sugar cravings (which will never go away I've discovered) .... smiles to you and keep positive. Swimming would be good to help alleviate the pain you have while exercising.
    Oh my goodness!

You gave some great info! I think I'll check out that blog myself. I have low blood sugar, and it is a constant struggle not to give into sugar cravings!

Outgoing
    Thank you for sharing you struggles. It takes courage to list all your issues in public, even if this is an "anonymous" forum. I also have weight issues that I can't seem to wrap my head around. And although my experiences with anxiety are limited, (not serious enough for meds.) I can speak from experience that mental illness has an effect on your body physically.

Do you have access to counseling for your PTSD? I think you were right when you said,

"It is hard to talk about any psychological issues with friends because they can not comprehend that having PTSD is way more complicated than just choosing to change and I just can not hear that anymore."

It might be helpful to seek out a professional. Just chatting about it probably isn't going to get you what you need.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kindertime For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ebhappydc View Post
    Yes this is something I know about. Poor you...it sounds like you went through the ringer. I'm trying hard to get a handle on it now before my body spirals deeper into a rotten state. I have an underproduction of salicylic acid in my gut so I'm taking a probiotic for that. My kids drink loads of smoothies. We have a vitamix so they get everything pulverized in that. My daughter dislikes veggies so eats them all daily in her breakfast smoothie. She actually finds it amusing that she hates the veg but can't taste it in the mix of her smoothie. She is constantly adding more and more things and is super proud that she drinks it. She loves them a whole food vegan GF protein + greens powder mixed with kefir, coconut water, fish oil, turmeric, chia seeds, and whatever fruit and veg she wants. If she needs to sweeten she uses maple syrup or local raw honey. It's the healthiest thing you could ever set eyes on lol I however, can not tolerate the texture and juices are too sweet.

I did a 4 minute circuit of tabata during naptime today and then had a coughing fit lasting 25 minutes with wheezing!!! There is always something...I'm going to see the dr tonight in case it is exercise induced asthma with the wheezing and I'm going to cut it back to 2 minutes until I adapt to it. Physically it is great for me as it is a short commitment and has the most bang for the buck versus cardio machines and even better than HIIT. 4 minutes isn't long enough for me to hate it lol

Quote Originally Posted by kindertime View Post
    Thank you for sharing you struggles. It takes courage to list all your issues in public, even if this is an "anonymous" forum. I also have weight issues that I can't seem to wrap my head around. And although my experiences with anxiety are limited, (not serious enough for meds.) I can speak from experience that mental illness has an effect on your body physically.

Do you have access to counseling for your PTSD? I think you were right when you said,

"It is hard to talk about any psychological issues with friends because they can not comprehend that having PTSD is way more complicated than just choosing to change and I just can not hear that anymore."

It might be helpful to seek out a professional. Just chatting about it probably isn't going to get you what you need.
    I went to therapy until very recently (Nov '14) for nearly 5 years. I believe I have learnt as much as I can from therapy for now. I am a completely new person and I am a lot better. When I discuss my growth with my husband, a repressor, he is almost brought to tears over the difference. I'm no longer convinced that PTSD will ever go away. I have decided to carve out an hour a week for self care in other ways where my past doesn't get the spotlight. My PTSD origins do not need to be hashed out anymore. I have been taught many ways to manage it and as I deal with all these other areas of my personal life, I will continue to heal and grow comfortable in my skin. I have to start making actual changes to improve my quality of life and manage my past which will always be with me. I have only spoken openly about PTSD for the last year and it still makes people super uncomfortable and that how could I possibly have it when men and women are going to war. Also saying I have PTSD in this industry is potentially damaging to my career. Peoples misunderstandings has them jump to many conclusions which while I can understand, is generally unnecessary should they possess the facts.I am trying to get people talking in the hopes of educating people as well as realizing that it is nothing that I should be ashamed about.

I hope to let my experiences help others, hence why I am going to do my degree in Psychology along with Sexuality Studies in September. I want to support and advocate for those who do not have someone fighting for them in their corner, like I didn't. My greatest suffering will be my greatest strength in helping others. If I can get a handle on this eating issue and not let weight loss be at the forefront of my mind constantly day in and day out, I can only begin to imagine what extra potential I will have.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to bright sparks For This Useful Post:

wee you on fibostal by any chance? I was just put on it and i feel hoible, campy, migraines, back aches ect.

Euphoric !
    I wish you all the best!! I also have a lot of weight that I need to loose. Unfortunately, I'm not at the point of WANTING to loose it so anytime I'm tempted to hop off the diet/exercise wagon, I do!

My body pain is getting worse so I know that I need to try and cut out some unhealthy foods (whites, sugars,carbs etc) but I just can't keep with it for longer than a few days to a week at a time. Creating new habits is extremely hard for me. I really am addicted to food

My short term goal is to do 20 mins on the treadmill 3x a week paired with the yoga I do daily. Eventually I want to do 20 mins/3x a day, 3-4x a week. I need to strengthen my back and was told that swimming on my back would be the absolute best. Unfortunately, I don't get to the pool as often as I should!

Good luck to everyone!!

Quote Originally Posted by 33 Daiseys View Post
    wee you on fibostal by any chance? I was just put on it and i feel hoible, campy, migraines, back aches ect.
    Visanne. It is just 2mg of progesterone a day. It is used specifically for endo to counter the dominant estrogen and it is the best thing on the market. It's only been in North America for a couple of years but has been in Europe for nearly 10 years. It really works it's just my side effect of PMDD is something else entirely. No other side effects. I actually went on it because my endo has caused me to be extremely anaemic. My iron was 7. On Visanne it went up to 14, most women struggle to stay above 20, and since going off the mess it has plummeted again. Tough to stay motivated to do anything when iron levels are in the gutter.