Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Expansive...

What is your worst activity ever?

I made salt dough with the kids today. I will be picking bits of it up for years... what activity or craft have you done that you now will never ever do again? I can't be the only one who has had to learn the hard way!

Euphoric !
    I hate glitter with a passion. No matter how careful you are it ends up everywhere including a trail out the door as the crafts leave.

Starting to feel at home...
    I have to agree with playfelt, I really hate glitter too. I don't even like buying anything (i.e. ornaments) with glitter. It's pretty to look at but gets everywhere. So I don't do glitter, especially not with my little ones.

Euphoric !
    I made playdough with my little group the other day and I was so distracted by the kids that i messed it up and it turned out like a sticky gloopy mess! I let them play with it anyone as they did enjoy the sensory experience, but boy, what a mess! In hindsight, they are too young to help in the making...I will make it on my own adn they can play with it

Shy
    Finger painting with 4 kids under 2. One of the boys decided that he wanted to try every color. Blue paint went EVERYWHERE, including in between his teeth

Euphoric !
    So next question: Why do we do this to ourselves,lol? Does the child actually reap so much benefit from doing these things when they are toddlers compared to older preschoolers that the mess warrants it or could our time be better spent doing a different activity?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to playfelt For This Useful Post:

Shy
    I do it because it's something new. Whenever I bust out the art supplies it's usually because I've exhausted all other options. Having 6 kids between 1 and 3 years old is daunting when the weather is poor or they don't want to do anything "constructive", other than wreck my house or fight with each other. They get really excited and I love watching their little faces light up. I'm also a glutton for punishment

Euphoric !
    It does entertain them, but I have to admit that partly it is parental expectations that we do art time etc. It is a challenge, but I do it mainly for the 2+ kids and have to involve the younger ones so they are not left unsupervised.

Haven't had a lousey work and activity (yet) - I'm just one of thsoe lucky ones.

Outgoing
    I agree with kangaroomama - I do a lot of things for parental expectations. I love doing it with the 2+ group but feel bad if I leave out the younger ones. I try to get them involved in everything, even though I know most things end up on the floor or in the mouth.