Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Expansive...
    Personally--
    I would prefer if baby did not comeback until there was some order in place and you had a copy of it. Once you get it- I would call the PD and alert them of the situation and ensure they know you have a copy of the order.

Expansive...
    Posting anonymously for a member:

kingstonkids - if you come back to the forum, I was wondering what happened with this situation.

Because... I found out this morning that the same thing happened last week with dcm and dcg. Dcm was apparently holding dcg (1yo) when there was an incident. Didn't get (or ask) for the details but CAS is involved and charges are being laid, etc. Dad lives far away (1.5 hrs) and has never been to my house but he does have my address. So dcm says he may show up. He's not supposed to but I told her that if he's determined. And of course I would call her.

It's all well and good to say, in theory, that if there's a court order in place preventing him from taking her, I can refuse, but the judge isn't sitting at my front step. And the cops aren't either. If I refused to send dcg out, and he were determined enough, he could break down my front door and after that...?
    Last edited by mamaof4; 03-11-2015 at 03:59 PM.

Starting to feel at home...
    Quote Originally Posted by mamaof4 View Post
    Posting anonymously for a member:
    Is there a real concern that the dad will come for the child? If so, I think you can keep your address on file with the police or there maybe some way to have it flagged in their system so that if he shows up and you call them, they'll come ASAP. Or maybe they could list it in the no-contact order as well so he wouldn't be allowed to be at the family home or at the child's daycare?

I don't know all the details, but have you talked to mom and/or CAS about your concerns?

Euphoric !
    I sorry. I lead a quiet drama free life. I don't break laws. I don't mix with people who do. I keep mind my own business and try to do the right thing.

But this whole situation not one I would like. I sorry but am responsible for more than one child. I understand the Mom or child not do anything wrong but if there is a risk that an aggrieved parent come banging on my door demanding access to a day care child, then that not situation I am willing to be placed in.

Yes, I can call police but I can also tell client that I don't think I can provide the protection they implying child might need. One thing to make sure a child not choke, not break their neck, not play unsupervised but potentially angry adult at my door, no thank you. This not just place of business, this is my home.

My family live here. This is my safe place. This is where my family comes as a soft place to fall. This not somewhere for angry jail person to come making demands and scaring me in my own home and scaring the children who come here. No way. I would be telling them no.