Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Euphoric !
    Not YOU specifically...but there are plenty of unlicensed providers listed in here. Or many of us have websites. Or on Kijiji. It doesn't matter anyway. If you're in compliance, it's not a problem. From the last thread I read, they want to see your attendance record, want parents' info, etc. Really...this is what they SHOULD have been doing all along...their jobs!

But, if you're saying that you'll be in compliance by Jan 2016 and not Proclamation (for kids brought in after Royal Assent)....well...yo u might have a problem if someone shows up at your door. I can also say with confidence that they won't accept 'I didn't know' as an excuse. One ministry official answered that question by stating that 'you're in this business, you should know the rules'. It's in the bill, there are more than enough conversations about it....or....write the Ministry and ask for clarification. They will send a letter at some point. But, I can save you that step. The letter they sent me stated very clearly that ONLY children in care before Royal Assent are grandfathered in until January 2016. Anyone after Royal Assent must be in compliance by Proclamation (projected for fall). Yes, there has been confusion. But this is right from a letter from the Ministry and most of us are aware that this is the case now.
    Last edited by cfred; 02-24-2015 at 04:21 PM.

Outgoing
    How do we know if someone does show up at the door, or in summer meet us outside on our yard, that the they are actually from Ministry? Ask to see their badge? There really some crazy peeps out there...

Starting to feel at home...
    Quote Originally Posted by ebhappydc View Post
    How do we know if someone does show up at the door, or in summer meet us outside on our yard, that the they are actually from Ministry? Ask to see their badge? There really some crazy peeps out there...
    I think I would ask to see some ID and then I would politely ask them to wait outside while I called the ministry to verify that they were who they said they were etc. A polite smile and a "you understand, of course, that a woman with small children in her care can't be too careful." In my opinion, they would have no reason to say no to that. Especially since they are doing checks "for the good of the children." I would make the call on the porch in their presence if they wanted, but it would be on MY phone and I would dial.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to flowerchild For This Useful Post:

Outgoing
    Somebody who WAS actually inspected about a month ago now posted on one of the FB groups against Bill 10 that the inspectors had their ID ready for her to see and actually gave her the number of the Ministry to call. It was all automated until she got through to the right person, so she knew it was the right number. They seem very open about who they are and apparently waited politely for her to verify that they were who they said they were.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to CrazyEight For This Useful Post: