Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Outgoing
    We'll nothing has been said anymore. I spent the evening looking for anything and came up empty. I think this was a disgruntled parent playing tricks on a provider. And I rarely get asked if I'm licences I think parents just know because I don't run a facility. Also the bill is stupid and I haven't seen anything written in stone,it's lot of here say with dates. Maybe they should start with combing thru kijij first and getting rid of the weirdos before going after the hard working moms

Euphoric !
    The official date of compliance will be with Proclamation....at least with regards to ratios. I got a letter from the Ministry stating that. Proclamation is projected to occur no sooner than the fall...but we really don't know exactly when that will be. Yes, providers have had the Ministry show up at the door. I've heard of a few. One woman had a lengthy thread about this on FB just a couple of weeks ago. It is happening. I've not had it happen to me yet, but am getting my waiver done, just in case. The officials who showed up at this woman's door didn't say specifically what alerted them to her home. They indicated that it could be because someone lodged a complaint or there was an inquiry.

Starting to feel at home...
    I'm a little confused! Although I have gathered that Bill 10 has passed and the effective date is Jan 2016, I keep hearing different stories through different caregiviers. Is it 100% happening, or not?

Thanks

Wouldn't you think that as home daycare providers we file our taxes a certain way and that the government would have contacted each and everyone via CRA records to inform us of changes and keep us informed? It is as though they want us to be left in the dark so they can catch us not sticking to the rules!! How on earth are we supposed to know what is going on. Even those with connections do not have a clear and confirmed anything about this Bill. It's all he said, she said and interpretation and assumption. How about the government make this much more of a smooth transition, regardless of whether we agree with it or not, so we can all get in line with the laws accurately. 23 weeks left for me so I am not going to lose any sleep or change the way I'm doing anything unless I get an official letter in my mail box. What a crock...

Outgoing
    I would find it odd that th ministry would just show up. You would think that they have better things to do

Outgoing
    I am not personally affected by Bill 10, but I have done a lot of reading of laws in my time. I figured out many years ago, the only way I could really know what was required and allowed by law was to actually read the law and the regulations that go with it. It isn't easy. They are written to be precise and they tend to use 'legaleze" that can be confusing.

If you want to know what Bill 10 says, follow the link
    http://www.ontla.on.ca/web/bills/bil...en&BillID=3002

This is the official Ont. gov't site. It explains about the old Day Nurseries Act and gives the official version of the new law.

Outgoing
    Hmmmm...well I will tell you one thing....if I am not expecting anyone at my home during the day....I don't answer my door....so they can stand there all day! If my parents are coming early . ...they send me a text...and tell me what time they are coming.....so I am expecting them....as long as I am abiding by the "5"....children. ...I am not worried...come Jan 2016 I will abide by the 2 under 2....but until then....

Starting to feel at home...
    I NEVER answer my door during the day either. Ive always made a point to tell parents that if they are visiting outside of their normal drop off and pick up times, to call me first because I refuse to answer the door AT ALL...EVER!! So they would be standing at my door for a while as well.

Just a quick question - not sure if this is the right place for it. If I have 5 fulltime children, but 1 leaves before school is over, can I have 1 afterschool child? It would be only 5 children and any given time, which abides with the new laws, however at the end of the year, Id be giving tax receipts for 6 children?

Thanks

Euphoric !
    As long as you abide by the 2 under 2 and including your own children under 6, you're fine. Lots of people have part timers.

I'm not sure what happens if you just don't answer your door. I understand that if they are refused entry, they can just go ahead and get a warrant. Not sure if they still have to knock at that point....and I think you're probably setting yourself for a pretty intensive inspection in that case. Do what you want, but I will make sure I'm compliant by Proclamation and will absolutely let them in if they come to my door. It's a pretty massive fine, without due process, if you're caught out of compliance. And, I can't remember if it was Kathleen or Liz who actually said that the fines they collect could be considered revenue (something to that affect). I would fully expect to be checked in on...they're making the rounds by the sounds of it. And they do not need to tell you why they're there. There could have been a complaint....they could have looked you up in here.....they could have found you on kijiji....doesn't matter.

Outgoing
    How could they have looked me up in here?