Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Outgoing

Anyone know if this is a scam

I have a friend who is a provider, she sent me this message. She belongs to a private home daycare group (I don't belong to it) apparently the ministry of education is knocking on doors of home daycare providers and asking to see their attendance sheets and the bill 10 waiver. Apparently it's going on in the Toronto area. I think it's a scam but ?..

Outgoing
    Your best bet to know for sure is to call the ministry. Make sure you talk to the right person, whoever knows about the daycare part.
    Last edited by kindertime; 02-19-2015 at 05:13 PM.

Outgoing
    See the bill 10 "waiver" ??????

Outgoing
    Under Bill 10, we are supposed to have parents sign something that effectively says they understand we are not licensed and not inspected or affiliated with an agency. The idiotic Liberals seem to think that this will make parents suddenly drop private providers and run to agencies or centers. It's ridiculous, but it's in the Bill.

I'm assuming that's what the OP means?

Outgoing
    What? And this is effective when?

Expansive...
    I didn't know anything about the waiver. Is this for all clients to sign, or just the "under 2yrs" clients? Where do I find a download of the waiver?

Outgoing
    There is no waiver written. The Bill just says that ALL clients must acknowledge with a signature that they understand the daycare is private and not licensed. I've added it as an addition to my contract. As far as I understand it, you do not need to have it added until Jan. 2016, when the "grandfathering" period is over.

I don't have it in front of me, but I put something along the lines of:

"Insert daycare name" is a legal, private, unlicensed home daycare. In Ontario, home daycares can legally operate privately or under an Agency umbrella. I cannot obtain an individual license for a home daycare, as it does not exist, and have chosen to remain a private business rather than working for a licensed Agency. I currently operate under all conditions laid out by the Ontario Day Nurseries Act. As of Jan. 1st, 2016, I will be operating under the new Childcare Modernization Act (Bill 10) and in order to be compliant with this Act, I must have all clients acknowledge that they understand the difference between private and licensed home daycare.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CrazyEight For This Useful Post:

Crazy eight if u get time can u send what u will get ur clients to sign? I like the above. Do u mind if I use it? I'd have no idea what to write. Do we get all parents to sign on one page or print this out times five? Thank u for the help.

Outgoing
    Feel free to use that or something like it. I don't think it matters if they are individual of if you have all the signatures on one. It COULD be spelled out more specifically in the regulations of the Bill that are "supposed" to be written by the Liberals this month. In the regulatory phase, they go through the Bill point by point and spell it all out (that's what we're waiting for with the confusion surrounding provider's own kids in full-day kindergarten, for example).

Again, as far as I know, it doesn't need to be done until Jan. 2016, but I just had all my parents sign a copy of it at the start of the New Year and attached it to each client's contract, just so I didn't have to worry about it. I wanted potential new clients to understand that I am not operating outside of the law because I am not licensed, so that's why I put in the part about not being able to obtain a license as an independent business.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CrazyEight For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    December only passed the bill in principle. As far as I know nothing comes into play until proclamation. The reality is a parent knows a provider is not with an agency because they went to the provider themselves and did not contract with an agency so it is a very stupid redundant thing. If the parent is not with an agency then it should be assumed that the provider is not with the agency. Yes there are some providers with an agency that also take children privately and for those parents that is a perk in some respects. Why does the government assume parents are stupid.