Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Starting to feel at home...

Smile How To Advertise

Hi ladies!
    What form of advertising do you feel is the most effective? I haven't been getting as many inquiries as I usually so I want to start advertising in different ways. I use kijiji, daycare bear, and go daycare. I was considering advertising in the news paper maybe flyers. Any help would be great!

Euphoric !
    I get most peoples from Kijiji. That seems to be the best locally for strangers to come. Word of mouth takes a lot of my spaces lucky for me.

When things are quiet or if I have more than one place open up in Septembers, then I use different things to target locals.

I tape flyer to local mail boxes. Have a route that loops about 2km and go every week and check still there.
    I do business card under car wiper in local grocery store.
    I do flyer at doctor, library, anywhere young parent might be, Play Cafe, Church
    I do lawn sign - not really allowed around here but I do it when need to
    And I do car magnets on my car door with business name and telephone number.
    Lots of different things to figure out what is good locally.

I tried newspaper flyers and local publication but not very much interest from that, for me.

Outgoing
    In addition to your above ways, I've also put an ad up in elementary schools (on bulletin board in their foyer) but one school actually put me in their monthly newsletter home and I've rec'd calls from that too. and some schools turned me away. I've also put an ad in early years centre (they have a binder of ads) but rec'd no calls from that.

Outgoing
    I have found clients mostly through kijiji, but also "mom" groups on facebook. I am part of 2 local childcare facebook groups, plus a number of kids clothing swap and shop-type pages. Try a facebook search for groups like that in your area.

Euphoric !
    I used to just use our local city website classifieds. I have since started a fb page and the amount of inquiries I get now is a little overwhelming at times. I used to keep a wait list (and still kinda do) but due to the increased interest into my daycare, I now just tell parents to watch the page and contact me when I post I have an opening. This also eliminates me emailing people who have found care in the meantime!!

When I have an opening, I post it on my dc fb page, than on the local Childcare fb page and than on the city website (which is the only one I have to pay for but now use it the least! Lol)