Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Easter stats.

Quote Originally Posted by Emma H View Post
    I live in Ontario and in my contract I took off good Friday and Easter Monday. No one has said anything yet but I don't think they realized that it's not a stat holiday for everyone. Would you advise that I tell parents that I am open or keep it the way it is?
    What I have in my contract is not "Paid Stat Days off" but "Paid days off". That means if I choose to take additional days off with pay, and name them in my contract and the parents sign to agree to them, it doesn't matter if it is a Stat holiday or not. I take Easter Monday off with pay because it is a named paid day off. It is however not a Stat holiday in Ontario. Easter Monday is actually in observation of Easter Sunday. Some people choose to close with pay on Xmas Eve, it doesn't matter if its a stat or not if its in the contract and upon signing up the parents have signed in agreement. You should have all of your closed paid and unpaid days specified in your contract so parents are clear and it doesn't have to be brought up again because it is clearly stated their and they have read it.

Euphoric !
    I am open on Easter Monday and do not take an additional day in lieu of it. I Would close if the schools were closed but seeing that it's business as usual so am I

Expansive...
    @mickyc-your schools are open on easter monday??? Our elementary/secondary schools are all closed.

Easter Monday is a government holiday. In my contract I have all stat and gov holidays off paid. Therefor I have Easter Monday off paid

Euphoric !
    Quote Originally Posted by Busy ECE mommy View Post
    @mickyc-your schools are open on easter monday??? Our elementary/secondary schools are all closed.
    Yep schools open here. This year good Friday falls on the kids spring break but Easter Monday is the first day they go back after their week off.

Outgoing
    In Quebec, Easter Monday is the stat. I take both, I have had a lot of parents who work in Ontario so they have the Friday. Makes for a nice long weekend between Christmas break and summer holidays. Also, most of my kids will be here every day I'm open, regardless of whether the parents are working or not, so at least I know the kids get a holiday too.