Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Easter stats.

Shy

Easter stats.

What days does everyone take at Easter as a stat? I close my day home for all stat holidays so I will be closed Good Friday but is Easter Monday considered a stat?

Euphoric !
    I'm not sure if it's different provincial but here in MB, Good Friday is the Stat.

I remember growing up, the really religious families would keep their children home on Easter Monday but for the rest of us, it was a normal day.

Outgoing
    I recently added Easter Monday as a paid day off. None of the parents questioned it.

Outgoing
    Jodaycare, which province are you in? Did you previously NOT have Easter Monday and just added it?

Expansive...
    It's not considered a stat in Ontario. Schools/banks closed but the rest of the world is open. Our licensed centre was always open on Easter Monday. I have added it to my paid days as well. Most of my clients either have it off or take it off anyway.

Starting to feel at home...
    I live in Ontario and in my contract I took off good Friday and Easter Monday. No one has said anything yet but I don't think they realized that it's not a stat holiday for everyone. Would you advise that I tell parents that I am open or keep it the way it is?

Outgoing
    I'm able to take it off as a paid day, approved from the province. They also allow any licensed homes and centre's to take an alternate paid day off if they choose to stay open on Monday. So I'm working it and taking a day off in May for professional development.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to superfun For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    I have it as a paid stat as well (and Christmas Eve). I tell the parents when they review my contract that I have all stats off, paid and a couple of "fake stats." They have never questioned it. I will be adding Remembrance Day in Sept to my contract. Not sure if the Bill was passed to add it as a stat in ON but I am going to.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to torontokids For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    Stat hols change from Province to Province. This catch me out when I move here. But I don't think Easter Monday is a stat anywhere in Canada at all. Good Friday seem is a National stat so all get that one.

I take both days. My contract does not say closed on stats. I say closed on following holiday date and list them so stat or not, this is my closed days. People know this when they join my day care.

If you are closed and it in your contract, then it mattered to you to put in contract. Why change it? Do not feel you must do what parent or other day care does. This your business. Do it your way. People will either come or not but unlikely to be due to stat days if places empty.
    Last edited by Suzie_Homemaker; 02-24-2015 at 06:26 AM.

Expansive...
    I also take easter Monday every year as a "fake" stat, and Christmas Eve too.