Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Outgoing

No shows/late shows

Well.... had an interview scheduled for..... ten minutes ago. Call me silly, but I have absolutely no interest in taking on a client that can't be on time for an interview. My thinking is, if they don't respect my time now, how on earth can I believe that they will respect it later??? Oh well, I guess they didn't want the spot that badly. At least my house is really clean now!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JennJubie For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    I have same view. Not considerate of my time from the begin, never will be. But I would call too.

If I have interview, I e-mail night before to remind so then if they forgot they have time to cancel. And after 15 mins late, I telephone too. Just in case there been accident. But I not reschedule for forgets or stupid reason.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzie_Homemaker For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    Did they show?

Outgoing
    Two years ago, I had two spots to fill for a couple of months. Took me forever to fill them. There were several complete no-shows, a couple called to cancel after the appointment time and a couple who came, did all the paperwork and then I never heard from them again. I was reading in a different post yesterday that a lot of people do on-the-phone interviews first. I honestly never considered that, I think I will try that in the future.

Outgoing
    No, they never showed.

To top off this day, I had a parent dose and drop. I can't prove that they did it, but I'm not stupid. This kid is always showing up here sick, and I am always having to put my foot down about it. I contacted her about an hour ago, and she asked if I could still keep him until the end of the day. Ummm.... no. Really?!?

Expansive...
    It's one thing to be late but a complete no show really ticks me off. What I've done is after a parent has booked an interview I let them know that if for whatever reason they can't make it, to please let me know via either email or phone. Surprisingly it worked and I haven't had a no show since I started saying this.