Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Euphoric !
    This week is "f" week for us so tomorrow we are going to do face painting. That could be artsy too and if you have older children, maybe they could draw on each other or their hand/arm?

As a side note connected to "f" week....We also got a beta fish this week and the kids are loving him!! So we coloured fish yesterday and had fish sticks today lol (just a little random story about our week haha)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to 5 Little Monkeys For This Useful Post:

Outgoing
    These are not really crafts, but fun anyway.

SNOW- When it's too cold to go out in the snow, I bring it in. I take a bucket out scoop it full of the cleanest snow I can find and put it in the middle of the kid's table. They have spoons, cups, bowls, etc. and they love it.

SOAP - I had the same group (5 toddlers and a 3yo) one year and when painting was over, I would pull out the Ivory soap bars (not toxic) they each get one, a dish of warm water and a sponge. Clean up is easy too, it's soap! To add to your fun, gather up the toys and have the kids do the washing for you.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kindertime For This Useful Post:

Starting to feel at home...
    Thanks everyone! Some great ideas! We skipped craft time today as it was actually mild enough to go outside for an hour!! Finally!!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to 3rdtimesacharm For This Useful Post:

Outgoing
    Quote Originally Posted by 3rdtimesacharm View Post
    Thanks everyone! Some great ideas! We skipped craft time today as it was actually mild enough to go outside for an hour!! Finally!!

Really? Where are you? Here it was only minus 7 on the thermometre but it felt like minus AHHH! with the wind chill. lol

he best crafts are with food. At walmart they have whole wheat alphabet pretzels and pasta letters. We love spelling out their names on what ever craft supplies we have out for the day. Last week we added he noodles to home made veggie bean soup, then using dried beans and dried pasta, made a bowl of soup o ake home. Two parents were feeling under the weather, so it was so cute to have the kids bring home soup for mommy and mommy

9. The Following User Says Thank You to 33 Daiseys For This Useful Post:

Shy

Crafts

I have used a lot of egg cartons this winter: turned into butterflies, snakes, play kitchen decorated egg holder... Since there is so much snow, we went outside and painted it. Water in a bottle with a hole in the middle with either food colouring or Jello. they just have to be able to turn it upside down and squeeze. We built an Olaf too. I also made some canvases for them to paint (special occasion).

Next I might cut out a letter a day talk about it then them decorate it.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to stephaniesdaycare For This Useful Post:

Outgoing
    doing letters is a great idea...I will cut out say the letter A (LARGE SIZE) and we paste pictures on the letter of things that start with A, ie...apples, airplane....etc. they love doing this...I have to constantly be on the look out with flyers and cut things out though....loads of fun

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sandylynn For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    Inside day today -36 wc right now

I froze ice cubes with food colouring on Monday. I will pull those out today and put in individual buckets with warm water for them to play with. It's "G" this week so they will also get to decorate gumball machines that I drew up yesterday

What special activity is everyone doing today? (Need some more ideas lol) or do you have nice weather today?? In a couple days we are supposed to get 0 and even a +2!!!

Outgoing
    It's march break here, so I only have 2 today, same yesterday and none on Monday. So nothing special but everyone's favorite toy these days is a tube sock rolled inside another tube sock hanging in the doorway between the kitchen and living room. It is heavy enough to get a good swing but can't hurt if it hits you in the face! Great for hand/eye coordination. Again, not technically a craft, but you could make some with the kids. Mine is just a plain white sock but could be painted, and it is tied up with yarn, this could be a good thing to teach older kids tying knots. We've been doing a lot of that here with my 4yos.

Expansive...
    Quote Originally Posted by 5 Little Monkeys View Post
    Inside day today -36 wc right now

I froze ice cubes with food colouring on Monday. I will pull those out today and put in individual buckets with warm water for them to play with. It's "G" this week so they will also get to decorate gumball machines that I drew up yesterday

What special activity is everyone doing today? (Need some more ideas lol) or do you have nice weather today?? In a couple days we are supposed to get 0 and even a +2!!!
    We went to a play group this morning that is in a church, it is a huge room full of play structures, slides, ride on cars, etc. It is my saving grace during the winter, we have only been able to play outside maybe 2 or 3 times in the last month since it has been so cold.

My activity today was plastic pots of gold that I got from Walmart last year for St. Patrick's day. They are black pots filled with "gold" coins and green bead necklaces. The kids love them.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to AmandaKDT For This Useful Post: