Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Outgoing

Please Stop Staring at Me

I have searched the titles of older threads and I don't think this has come up before, so I'll ask for your thoughts.

This is just a rant, there are no solutions, but still... Do any of your DCKs stare at you?
    Last edited by kindertime; 10-07-2017 at 11:45 AM.

Euphoric !
    Too funny! It is funny when you meet someone's paretn. My DD is in JK and I have met one of her friends who is an odd duck and totally has Aspergers. Met the dad the other day and it sure explained things, mirror image!

I don't have any starers but I do have one that always needs to be touching me (drives me bonkers) she is 2.5 yrs old. Today I told her I am putting a restraining order in place, heh heh. I get her to wait by the door to go outside as she is ready and she slowly makes her way back to me, touching my leg, leaning on mean...lol, too much. I went to her sister's b-day party a couple of months a go (my older DD is friends with her older sister) and the mom carried her around on her back in a carrier the whole time so things started to make sense to me.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to torontokids For This Useful Post:

Starting to feel at home...
    For the longest time I wondered if it was just me and the kids I had that did this!!!
    The other day I had a 3yr old DCG stare at me while she was coming out from the washroom, staring so hard she decided to walk backwards, fall on a child who was playing and then fall over a tent THEN proceed to get up, walk away and then sit down while still staring.
    I thought it was odd but what do I know

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Emma H For This Useful Post:

Starting to feel at home...
    Haha that is funny! Maybe you're verrrry good looking! That's why the dad couldn't stop starting too! Lol
    I've only one odd staring child. It would drive me nuts! I'd ask him to put his boots on all by himself (this kid was 3.5/4yrs). He would proceed to STARE at me whilst putting his shoe on backwards! I'd say "stop staring at me! Look at your shoe!" then he'd glance at his shoe and glance back at me! Arggggg

I'd also assume a child was doing/did something they shouldn't have when they stare at me. Like a "crap! Did she see that!!? Uh-ohhh"

7. The Following User Says Thank You to 3rdtimesacharm For This Useful Post:

Outgoing
    It's because you are the most entertaining thing to the child. If you handed him an ipad or tv he wouldn't watch you.

He's avoiding go play toys. He needs to go play and pay you no nevermind. If he insists on refusing to play then have him turn away from you toward the toys.
    Home of child care expertise. Child care consultant for home providers, child care centers, and parents. http://daycarewhisperer.com/
    Please join us on Facebook
    https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/daycare.whisperer