Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Emma H View Post
    Thanks to all for replying. So far I received 1 client from word of mouth but 99% of mine are straight from kijiji. The FB comment was good but I don't think it would help my case as I don't have "mommy" friends or anyone that would be interested in care and I already linked up my website to my kijiji ad with all of my information. Do you find any other sites that seem to be a big hit? I will be waiting for the warmer months and hoping!
    In another thread I read a little bit about Bill 10 with some saying government centres will have a higher ratio now to accommodate more families and others saying there will be more under qualified moms undercharging and affecting others like us so I am unsure of what to think!
    Someone will eventually be interested right??? lol guess I can't help but worry sometimes
    Worrying is normal in this business Emma, I think most of us would agree that we have all gone through times of uncertainty when it comes to being able to make ends meet during tough times. I had to budget for 50% enrollment to have any sort of calm in my mind. I have my own kids to raise and they get far more expensive as they get older. You will fill your spots eventually so try not to worry or find fault with yourself. If you are confident that your program is good then eventually the enquiries will come in and the spots will fill. My number one source of enquiry is via my website. Do you have one?

Euphoric !
    Start building network locally.

Create group on FB for local carers. You admin. Suggest in time add one more admin because FB can have quirk where it random removes member and if it random remove admin, you are stuck and need different admin to add you back.

Sounds odd but look on Kijiji and find ads for other carer in your area and message them. Explain that you are looking to create a network of providers so you can all support each other. Like having virtual work colleagues. Go slow. Invite them to join group.

Be watchful. People will show who they are in time. Figure out who is professional. Who knows regs. Who is experienced. Who is real. Learn which people not trustworthy and avoid them. The group will grow. Each carer you add will know other carers. Start slowly. We did a monthly supper to meet and interact with adults. Someones 4 people can come, sometimes 24. But it build network.

This good for lots reasons.

Helps to have someone to check ideas with
    Helps with new curriculum ideas
    Helps to encourage level fees
    But really good for word of mouth.

I get lot of call and e-mail but I well known locally. If I get calls and no places to offer, then I pass on. You need to position yourself so if you have opening, other providers who are full, are passing your name to parent. In time, you can return favour if they have place open. I get lots of e-mail for local carer who have opening and letting me know so I can refer callers to them.

Something always come along. Try not be tempted in meantime to take person you know not really right person.

Some will be interested, some not so much.
    Last edited by Suzie_Homemaker; 02-26-2015 at 12:03 PM.

Starting to feel at home...
    Thanks to all for replying. So far I received 1 client from word of mouth but 99% of mine are straight from kijiji. The FB comment was good but I don't think it would help my case as I don't have "mommy" friends or anyone that would be interested in care and I already linked up my website to my kijiji ad with all of my information. Do you find any other sites that seem to be a big hit? I will be waiting for the warmer months and hoping!
    In another thread I read a little bit about Bill 10 with some saying government centres will have a higher ratio now to accommodate more families and others saying there will be more under qualified moms undercharging and affecting others like us so I am unsure of what to think!
    Someone will eventually be interested right??? lol guess I can't help but worry sometimes
    Hi Emma H, I know we are not to far from each other. I use kijiji too, and most clients come through there, and word of mouth. if you need some other ideas, they will take your information at the Early Years Centre (in waterloo, they have a flyer binder, you put your phone or email address on it), your local school(s) might take your info and if they get inquiry pass your number one (my school calls me at least half a dozen times a year), some grocery stores still have a community board up (I know both the Zehrs by me do), play groups at community centres are a good way to meet aother providers, and yes, then you can pass on or get referals by them too.
    Just a couple ideas, for me I find I have a dry spell, or a storm! I could get a dozen inquires a week, or nothing for months. I don't advertise unless I know I have something coming up, because I hate turning away someone I would love to have, and I find the time it takes getting new clients too much (my own kids are busy!)

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MsBell For This Useful Post:

wow thank you so much! I never even thought to advertise in some of those places and I definitely will check it out now.do you have to call most of those places beforehand to schedule or is it just a pin to the wall sort of thing? thanks again

wow thank you so much! I never even thought to advertise in some of those places and I definitely will check it out now.do you have to call most of those places beforehand to schedule or is it just a pin to the wall sort of thing? thanks again
    Most you just show up and pin it up. With the schools, I would give the principal a call, and introduce yourself, explain what you are looking for (I dont do B/a school care, but I do get parents that are looking for younger siblings care from the principal) When I was first separated, I needed a part time babysitter, so that I could get out for my own sanity, the girl I found had posted her fyler on the mailboxes in the neighbourhood, she was just looking for babysitting jobs....she got tons of calls on those fylers, and they cost her nothing but a walk in the neighbourhood.

do you know what the cheapest way to do flyers is? (have you done flyers before?) I had about 50 that I photocopied at staples and it cost me about $20 I posted them around businesses and bus shelters but I found that they were just taken down the next morning. I was thinking about going from home-to-home for a long while so that's definitely encouraging me even more now

Euphoric !
    Emma, I printed flyers on my computer and gave the paper boy in our neighbourhood $20 to slip one in every paper. Might work for you.

Outgoing
    Bright sparks...where abouts are you located?

Quote Originally Posted by sandylynn View Post
    Bright sparks...where abouts are you located?
    Ontario-Niagara Region

I was going to use vista print for flyers but they charge 300 for a 1000 copies so I'm not sure if that is a good deal? I also used them for business cards, 500 for ten dollars!