Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Euphoric !
    You don't need 1000 copies. Plus, info may change like your phone number. If you don't have a printer then buy a cheap one for $30. Cheapest option and you don't need anything glossy/fancy.

Euphoric !
    It varies from month to month. I normally find June/July and September to be the most popular months for start care. This September is beyond crazy though!! I have stopped keeping a formal wait list and have told parents to contact me when they see an opening on my facebook dc page. I advertise there, a local fb childcare page and on a local city website/forum. My dc facebook page and word of mouth are probably my biggest assets when it comes times to filling a space.

I agree with BS, it is common to worry in this profession! Our income is unstable and inconsistent because we really don't know when a family is planning on leaving. I used to have a 2 week notice but found it was just too stressful and so I have increased it to a month. I can normally fill a spot within that time but the stress of it has gone down now that I know I have a month to fill it. However, last year I went I think 3 months with an open spot...not fun!

Good luck with advertising...it sounds like MsBell has some great suggestions for you! I am sure you will fill soon

Starting to feel at home...
    The only issue I'm having is I don't even have a personal facebook. How would I go about advertising or creating a page for moms? I don't know who would see it! lol

Euphoric !
    Quote Originally Posted by Emma H View Post
    The only issue I'm having is I don't even have a personal facebook. How would I go about advertising or creating a page for moms? I don't know who would see it! lol
    I'm not really sure how facebook all works LOL. I have a personal account but it is not linked to my dc page and I have my settings set high (at least I hope I do, fb likes to change things from time to time) so if a parent did find my name on facebook (I don't use my last name) I think all they can see is my display pic and maybe a few random things. Once you have a fb account for dc you can advertise that on your flyers, website, classifieds etc.

Euphoric !
    I did not have FB account until I moved to PEI but everything run on it here. From if the bus cancelled to if the store has milk, it all on FB. When the fisherman round a certain point, then it go on FB so the wives know how long before they are home. Everything on FB in little community.

Maybe for your community no best plan but here, if it not on FB, then it not really happening.

You have to figure out what is common form of communication in your community and get on that otherwise you miss out.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzie_Homemaker For This Useful Post: