Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Starting to feel at home...
    ummm....this is some really scary stuff. My plan is to quit my job this summer and re-open my daycare. Not sure if that is a good idea anymore!!

Outgoing
    But who's going to pay the wages of daycare employees is parents are paying 15 dollars a day. It makes no sense. There will be so many centres closing up because who's going to be able to stay open. I don't think it will go anywhere.

Euphoric !
    $15 a day is paid by parents and the government will cover the rest which is why you would need to be with an agency to participate in the program.

I honestly don't think this will be happening. If it ever does if we were to get licensed do daycare providers have to pay a fee to get licensed?
    Last edited by Emma H; 03-02-2015 at 11:21 AM.

Outgoing
    A home provider cannot BE licensed. You can either work independently or join a licensed agency and technically be working for them. Agencies take a LARGE cut of your income, and they set your rates, essentially putting a cap on what you can make, which is usually far less than you can make working privately. One of the ideas put forward by the Conservatives and CICPO during the limited debates on Bill 10 was the creation of an independent registry or licensing through the gov't, instead of an agency. The Liberals refused to listen. All agencies are also not the same. Some providers may luck out and find that their local agency is a wonderful source of resources and guidance, if they choose to go that route. Personally, the local agencies in my area have been caught cutting corners numerous times and are generally regarded as terrible. One of the 2 agencies here only has ONE provider left with them, everyone else has left.

Wow that is ridiculous!! I cant believe they expect a provider to pay money to be licensed with an agency when we can do it for free on our own free of charge lol they let you have 6 kids but that sixth one will go for licensing cost....useless

Euphoric !
    Yep...useless sums it up.

Interestingly, HCCA (Home Child Care Association - aka - agencies) were the policy writers. In other words, those folks who stand to make the most from this whole thing financially are the ones who, essentially, wrote the bill. There was zero consultation with ICPs or their families. ZERO! What was supposed to be 2 days of debate in Queen's Park as they went over the bill clause by clause, was shut down in 1 hour.

Now, I'm guessing, that you're understanding how and why CICPO started up and why we've been trying so hard to get people to jump on board and stand up for our profession.