Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Euphoric !
    Quote Originally Posted by mickyc View Post
    Must have- egg chairs from ikea!! We totally renovated our space and made a trip to ikea! $1500 later on storage cupboards, chairs, tents, train tracks etc. must husband saw the egg chairs and said you HAVE to get those! They were $80 each - I got 2. I wasn't sure how they would last but the quality is amazing and the kids LOVE them.

I just need to find a new kitchen for my crew but my Walmart order got cancelled as they ran out of stock. Not impressed. I am too cheap though to spend more than $300 on one.
    When I was looking at kitchens, I looked at walmart, toys r us and sears. They all had lots for well under $300. A neighbour suggested costco to me (which I never would have thought of) and they have a good selection as well.

Euphoric !
    Quote Originally Posted by Emma H View Post
    If you want it just buy it! It will look so cute and not a lot of people have it!....I noticed the kids don't play much with it unless they are pulling the nobs off or trying to climb inside lol I wish I was crafty like that I just bought a used kidkraft train table and bought the train pieces from ikea (super cheap). Another thing that I can't seem to get off my mind are the tipi tents for kids!
    I was wondering if the kids would actually play with it or not. There are a couple ideas I've seen that use cardboard boxes. Maybe we will do that this summer outside and see if they play with them first.

Seriously, I'm NOT crafty!! Find a really good guide and anyone can do it!! Once you get started it's much easier.

A tipi would be cool. My kids love tents so I'm sure they'd love a tipi. Another summer idea....

Euphoric !
    Quote Originally Posted by superfun View Post
    We have a teepee! They seem to like it a lot, but it's still pretty new.

I was trying to order from Walmart.com to be delivered to a us address. One of my daycare families picks stuff up for me whenever I order it. I would love to know how your sil does it.
    That's odd. I can't imagine why it would matter if your credit card was american or not. I've never come into that problem when ordering online from other countries. Something that I thought of that might be the problem....my husband can't use his credit card in the US unless he tells the bank ahead of time that he is going down. I wonder if that has something to do with it?

Starting to feel at home...
    I have one of those playhouses where each side is something different....one side is a garden, the other a post office, puppet theater and the last one is an art center....they love it but all they care about is sitting inside of it and playing or reading a book...so I figured they would like a tent for that reason....I also ask my daycare kids if they would like something I am considering buying but I always get "ohhh yess" hahahah I also have a little girl who found one of my catalogues and now insists to go threw it with me and we can pick out what we like....what's better then a kids opinion on toys!

Thank you kindertime! I opened my daycare last August and things are finally getting good now! The first location where I was at wasn't the nicest so there were many times I was waiting for parents for interviews and they just drove away as soon as they saw the outside of the building (you had to pull in and my widows would face the drive way and I could see it every time). I filled four spots in three week and got out of there ASAP. I have a condo now but a house is just needed for me personally because I am around daycare 24/7. When I first started I bought a lot of toys from once upon a child and the library where I live would always has great books for sale ( 25 -50 cents per book).
    It was really nice for your family to help you out like that. Mine wold never in a million years do something like that for me. I remember having to get a cleaning job to help pay for the toys because my parents said they couldn't help me but the went to Greece two week later! I have been pretty successful and they now expect things from me and no way no how that is happening hahah
    I will definitely take a look at Scholastic! I love books and can't get enough of them.

Outgoing
    Quote Originally Posted by 5 Little Monkeys View Post
    That's odd. I can't imagine why it would matter if your credit card was american or not. I've never come into that problem when ordering online from other countries. Something that I thought of that might be the problem....my husband can't use his credit card in the US unless he tells the bank ahead of time that he is going down. I wonder if that has something to do with it?
    I know. I didn't expect it to be a problem either. I shop on amazon.com regularly, and a few other us websites. But Walmart didn't work.

Outgoing
    Hi everyone

I am relocating into a bigger space (from condo to house) and I just want to keep buying things for the daycare! I think I have an addiction to shopping so when I tell myself it's just an investment for my business it makes it okay lol but its not okay. I keep spending so much money and I cant seem to figure out what's worth the investment and what isn't.
    For example I spent around $400 dollars on a felt board/felt stories/felt learning material and some multicultural lessons. Another $300 on the new Melissa & Doug snack&treat cart. I am obsessed Etsy so I thought it was a good idea to buy a felt garden with a mini felt apple tree for $200, wooden washing machine for $250 and a play pantry that "goes perfect" with a $350 Melissa & Doug play kitchen that I just had to have.
    Ugh, I regret spending my money because parents just really don't seem to care but at the same time I think everything looks so much nicer. I am already planning on spending $2000 on kid's furniture/storage (and other cr@p, of course) once I move.
    I would really like to know what you would spend your money on and what you wouldn't. I did have to spend more because I don't have kids and didn't have anything to start with but now I feel like I am just buying too much.
    If you have an Early Years centre nearby, they sometimes lend toys and educational resources. I use their toy library a lot. They have the super-huge story books (they"re like 2ft x 3 ft books) my daykids love and when the kids get tired of them they go back to the library and I get other toys. Saves me from having to buy. I do look at Pintrest daycare decor sites and wish my place could look as cool as some of those rooms, but kids are happy if it's a happy environment really. I also try to keep in mind when I get the itch to buy that kids like the box FAR better than the toy!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ebhappydc For This Useful Post:

Put the credit cards on ice!!!!!!!! Literally. I love to shop, when i opened, i went crazy but playmobili. I justified that I could since i have two children of my own. I then realized that ALL of my earning was going to food and toys.
    Needless to say i love to shop. So i stuck my credit cards in a container, filled with water and froze. They are there if i really want something, but it just takes a few hours to think if I really wan it or REALLY want it.

Quote Originally Posted by 33 Daiseys View Post
    Put the credit cards on ice!!!!!!!! Literally. I love to shop, when i opened, i went crazy but playmobili. I justified that I could since i have two children of my own. I then realized that ALL of my earning was going to food and toys.
    Needless to say i love to shop. So i stuck my credit cards in a container, filled with water and froze. They are there if i really want something, but it just takes a few hours to think if I really wan it or REALLY want it.
    The problem is I REALLY REALLY want everything hahaha I also justify everything to make it okay to buy. I am going to be ordering that tipi tent because I feel that I need it lol my friend asked me last night " you run a daycare why do you need a tent" lol good point but I feel that it will encourage them to read more books as I would use it as a reading corner ... ......crazy but what can you do lol its a problem...once I have it in my head I cant stop thinking about it hahaha oh god the worst part is I don't have any credit cards!

The problem is I REALLY REALLY want everything hahaha I also justify everything to make it okay to buy. I am going to be ordering that tipi tent because I feel that I need it lol my friend asked me last night " you run a daycare why do you need a tent" lol good point but I feel that it will encourage them to read more books as I would use it as a reading corner ... ......crazy but what can you do lol its a problem...once I have it in my head I cant stop thinking about it hahaha oh god the worst part is I don't have any credit cards!
    I would say that before you buy anything, check for it second hand first......