Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Outgoing

Reference Letters

Hi - i got an email this week from someone asking for copies of my reference letters for possible care in the fall. I have not met this person and they aren't asking for anything else.
    Do you give reference details before you meet a potential family? I'm thinking that there is personal info on the references (name, contact info) and I don't want to just give that out to anyone... Right? Tx bunches

Expansive...
    Absolutely not!! I only give my references to people I have interviewed in person and who I am actually willing to give a spot to!

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wonderwiper For This Useful Post:

Expansive...
    No way! Only after I've done a face to face interview with the family, and decided that they are a good fit for me.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Busy ECE mommy For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    My reference letters are actually all the cards I've received over the years with sweet, thoughtful and complimentary remarks. I keep them in my interview binder and are available for potential clients to read in person. I wouldn't be able to fulfil their request unless we met in person

7. The Following User Says Thank You to 5 Little Monkeys For This Useful Post:

Same here. I only give them out after an interview IF I want them as clients and they want a spot here.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to babydom For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    No way.

I make it clear to interviewing families that references go out after I have chosen a family for the space and they can contact them, that my references are families with jobs and children and busy lives so I cannot have a lot of families calling them.

Written references are in my portfolio that parents look through while I interact with their child in the daycare space. But I would never give that info out and I do not see any legitimate reason for someone to want to see them before meeting me.

Some one can have the best references in the world and you still may not like them. It is not a first step to interviewing, it is a final step.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lee-Bee For This Useful Post:

Expansive...
    I give out the reference to them to read while they are here during the interview not to take home with them so they personal info is the client who wrote it is safe

Outgoing
    Absolutely not.....agree with lee-bee

Euphoric !
    I don't have reference letters. I would give them out before a meeting either.

I have a few families who will give a reference for me if need be but it is by phone. I have never ever had anyone ask for the families numbers.

Outgoing
    I once had a parent ask for the names and numbers of my current famillies. To which I said, no. But I did give her the option for me to give out her number to my famillies so they could call her. She didn't take me up on that, lol.