Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Outgoing
    Quote Originally Posted by 3rdtimesacharm View Post
    This reminded me of our good friend, Judy Trickett's blog post from a few years ago:

http://www.justthebabysitter.com/201...money.html?m=1
    Whatever happen to Judy? I wasn't on forum when she would contribute but I notice she had a lot of informative posts

Outgoing
    I have just been reading her blog this past week. Leading me to rethink a lot of what I do. She's right, I am in it for the money. If I won the lotto today, I'd quit first thing Monday morning.

Expansive...
    Quote Originally Posted by ebhappydc View Post
    Whatever happen to Judy? I wasn't on forum when she would contribute but I notice she had a lot of informative posts
    She stopped posting on here after she started doing her website and blog. She came on here once a little while after, but it was only to promote her business.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to AmandaKDT For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    I completely agree that we all do our jobs (whatever they may be) for money but I do sort of understand the "xxx is only in it for the money" comment...however, this applies for many jobs! How many of us know (or have been) someone who stayed at a job only for the benefits or great pay? Although, I don't think anyone can say a legal daycare provider is rolling in the dough lol. If someone is wanting to make a lot of money, childcare (home or centre) would not likely be the first option!

There was a local provider who was recently shut down. She was over her numbers and likely making good money because of that. However, she was not the nicest provider to the children in her care (parents, friends and family members of mine have told me stories of her). Someone like her is who I think of when I hear "she's only it in for the money". IMO, she had a home daycare so that she herself didn't have to find/pay for childcare, got to stay home and enjoy all those benefits that come with that but I don't think she actually ENJOYS children.

Quote Originally Posted by mickyc View Post
    Looks good. My only comment would be where it says are providers in it for the money the answer should be yes. This is a job for us just like any other and need to be paid
    I fixed up that page. it now says "yes and no" as we need the money but also have to love what we do since after expensive we really don't make much.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlueRose For This Useful Post:

Actually Judy left this forum upset with the direction this forum was headed. She decided she didn't want to put up with the infighting that was going on and with some posters who were not seeing our careers in a more realistic light.
    I miss her input. Sometimes she did come off harsh with her comments but she was just trying to remind us of good daycare business practices and to never forget that this is a business that we run and to not make decisions based on emotion rather than good business sense.
    Miss you Judy

9. The Following User Says Thank You to mimi For This Useful Post:

I have updated the contract and have added EpiPen forms on the homedaycarebusiness. weebly.com website.