Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Euphoric !
    I usually give an outfit and a book after the baby is born and we know what it is. I usually hold the gift till they bring the baby to visit while dropping off or picking up the older child who has stayed in care at least part time. They love to show off their new sibling so we present the gift as if it is from the daycare friends - and traditionally some day that baby will be a daycare friend - now with Bill 10 maybe not as often. If the family leaves care and pulls the older child from care I only give them a gift if they make a point of bringing the baby by to see us.

I make a shirt with the older sibling saying I'm a big sister or bother and their hand prints on it with fabric print. They wear the shirt to the hospital to see their new sibling. I'll also get an outfit like a sleeper and a rattle for the new baby

3. The Following User Says Thank You to babydom For This Useful Post:

Starting to feel at home...
    Quote Originally Posted by 33 Daiseys View Post
    no I don't purchase anything, but I get a beautiful card, and make coupons for 1 night of extended care, ie child stays till 8pm and has dinner and a movie at my home. It gives the parents a chance to have a few hour themselves to go to to dinner.
    I think that time is so more appriciated then gifts. But them again, possibly that's me that needs that
    That is such a cute idea! However, I am open from 6am to 6pm and I don't think I would be able to handle that lol!