Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Outgoing

Tax questions help

I have a mom who was on mat leave and still kept bringing her kid. Can she claim daycare. And if a child collects money for disability can they claim child care. I read that they can't because they receive money for chill are.

And do you write a reciept for every child or one when you have siblings.

Euphoric !
    Doesn't matter if she can claim it or not - you still need to give a receipt.

As for receipts with siblings. I usually just do one receipt for the full amount but then break it down for them so they know how much was paid for each child.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to mickyc For This Useful Post:

Outgoing
    Mom wanted to know because her mother does the taxes

Euphoric !
    Tell her to contact an accountant. I would not want to be responsible for providing the wrong information if I was you. She can also look it up on the CRA website

Always give receipt. And u claim the income. It's up to them to know if they should claim or not. I also just do one receipt for siblings.

Outgoing
    Ok, here's the problem with the siblings. So the family had 3 kids 2,6,12. The 6 and 12 yr old were coming after school. So the total for them was over 6000 dollars. The mom is going to take 5000 dollars and apply it to the younger child then divide the rest among the other two kids. But in my books it doesn't show that amount. So if I get audited I would have to show them that the kids only should have 300 dollars each,.does that make sense. And the older boy is disabled. I read that if you are collecting disability you can't claim daycare because you get money already. This mom every year tries to screw me over. Last year she said that my total was wrong, this year again,Shen then wants yo play the disability card. I have it all written down.

Outgoing
    Everyone gets a reciept not worried about that, it's that my parents don't know the info and then they complain lol.

Outgoing
    Don't make anything more complicated than it needs to be. If she paid $XX for child 1 then that is the receipt you give. It isn't any of your business what she does with the receipt. You need to protect yourself and be honest. Does she want you to lie to the CRA?

Outgoing
    I think she does. Because she wants to use so much for the older 2 kids but my records dhow that they were only cared for a handful of times. And her oldest receives disability I think she wants to get more money for him. Dh says that from now on every child gets their own reciept, this way nothing can come back on me.

Euphoric !
    I would just give her the receipt like any other family. It is up to her to find out the info she is looking for. I would just say "I'm not sure how it works but whoever does your taxes should be able to help you out"

As for siblings, I think you are supposed to give separate receipts. Phone your accountant or the CRA and ask them for the best answer though