Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Disrepected! :(

Expansive...
    Have a conversation with her. I think people get it in their minds that we're just always here and don't mind "because we love children". They have zero concept that we have a life beyond our job since it's at home.
    Tell/text/email her that you "felt very disrespected yesterday that you did not respect my closing time, nor even ask if it was ok if you pick your child up well past closing time. Yes the weather was bad but you didn't even leave work until _____. From here on out ______ must be picked up by 5pm at the very latest so that I may get on with my evening with my family. Thank you for your cooperation."

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Lou For This Useful Post:

Trust me I would have loved to mention something this morning but she literaty told it to me as she had the door open leaving and another parent was coming in. What I should have done was text her this morning saying to watch for the snow coming and leave early. But the day got busy and I forgot. She finally got here at 6 and she could tell I was upset and said sorry and will pay me more on payday. I said good thank u. I didn't want to say more cuz I was fuming and I wanted to get to my kids before they went to bed so I said good bye c u tomorrow. I will b texting tomorrow during nap though my new late fees. Can it just b Verble? Or will I have to write out another contract with the late fees stated and get her to sign? Thanks all for the advice. I have since calmed down. Lol.

Euphoric !
    I would do verbal but also have a piece of paper (2 actually, one for her one for you) dated and signed to add with contract on file

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 5 Little Monkeys For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    No, it can't be just verbal. That give no proof that she was told about late fee. But you can text or e-mail it and when she replies, that then is written and her reply mean she see it. Print off and keep with contract in case text/e-mail get lost and so proof gone.

Outgoing
    I agree...tell them there is a late fee....you would be surprised how many times she is late in the future....when it comes to $....they aren't late....good luck...I completely know where you are coming from as far as disrespect....there is nothing lower....if it is difficult to say it to her face....put it in writing...I had to once....I clearly put it on paper..."I WILL NOT ASK...BEG...OR CHASE PEOPLE DOWN MY DRIVEWAY FOR MY PAY...I AM PAID FRIDAY MORNING...I DO NOT DO OVERTIME...PLEASE HAVE YOUR BACK-UP PICK UP YOUR CHILD IF YOU ARE GOING TO BE LATE...IF THIS ARRANGEMENT DOES NOT WORK FOR YOU...PLEASE FIND SOMEONE ELSE....THERE IS NO ROOM FOR NEGOTIATION IN BOTH OF THESE DEPARTMENTS.." and it worked...it was simple...to the point ....and they ALL got the message...I haven't had a problem since....

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sandylynn For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    Sandylynn, I also have "please do not make me beg for my pay." It definitely seems to work!!

If you have a late fee, make sure it's high. One family (actually the only family) paid me late fees 3x, $60 for about 30-40 mins total. They didn't care, they just paid the fee! They always had it ready though, I never had to ask. Still annoying to have to work late though!!

I also like the idea of no late fee though...shows that option is not there! However, some of mine get stopped by a train near my house so in those cases, the alternate pick up person couldn't have been arranged anyways
    Last edited by 5 Little Monkeys; 03-04-2015 at 08:09 AM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to 5 Little Monkeys For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    Being late is not acceptable in my house!! Parents know that right from the start. I do have a late fee though. $1 for every minute past 5. When it gets to 5:20 it is the full days rate. I can tell you that I would be calling or texting at 5:05 too to see where they are at.

I had one dad who was late a few times a week shortly after they started. I texted mom at 5:03 asking if he was being picked up? After a few times late I told them I needed them here before 5. My contract also reads that it takes a few minutes to get your child ready and out the door so please come before 5.

Only you can stop being taken advantage of. If you allow it it will continue to happen. Revise your contract, include a hearty late pick up fee, make it effective immediately. Also add failure to pickup on time could result in termination.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to mickyc For This Useful Post:

Expansive...
    Forget $1 a minute-my late fees are $20 even if it's 1-2minutes late. Every 1/2 hr, the $20 doubles in fees. Rewrite the contract with the late fees and get her to sign it. I would never be made responsible to feed a child dinner as well, that's rediculous. Put that in writing too.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Busy ECE mommy For This Useful Post:

Expansive...
    How did the convo go? Hope everything is back to running smoothly!

Euphoric !
    Yes curious how things are going?