Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Vaccinations

Starting to feel at home...

Vaccinations

Hi Ladies, my daughter is doing a project in school about modern opinions on vaccinations. I would love to hear your opinions on if you believe that children should be vaccinated in order to attend public schools and day cares. Do you think that the parents right to refuse trumps the safety and well being of society? Would you accept non-vaccinated kids into your day care? DO you think vaccines are harmful? and finally do you(would you) have your own kids vaccinated and why?

I understand this is bound to get heated, however PLEASE just share your own opinion, and reasons, and avoid attacking someone elses. I really am looking for different views on this issue, there is no right or wrong, it is just opinion.

Thanks Ladies! I look forward to your input

Expansive...
    My personal belief is that it is selfish to not vaccinate your child as your choice can very negatively affect others. The vaccinations prevent the spread of serious illnesses that can cause permanent damage or death. Whenever I think of this topic, my mind always goes memory of the father of one of my school mates. He had polio as a child and lost the use of his legs, so had to use leg braces and crutches for the rest of his life.

The belief that vaccinations causes autism has also been totally disproven, even though this mentality is still out there.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AmandaKDT For This Useful Post:

I absolutely get all of my children their recommended vaccinations without a doubt. I trust the doctor's research and the evidence that vaccines cause any negative side effects are a) (causes autism) not backed up by credible sources and b) (fever, rash etc) are minor and temporary. IMO.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to 3rdtimesacharm For This Useful Post:

My opinion is, why would you take the chance with your child's life? There is more than enough research out there in favour of vaccinating and IMO it is very selfish not to vaccinate. Not only are you putting your child's health at risk, but you are putting so many other people in danger as well!

The huge amount of advantages far outweigh the miniscule amount of negatives. Would we want a world where it is normal for children to get measles, polio, and other dangerous illnesses? No, of course not!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to mattsmom For This Useful Post:

My kids are 12 and nearly 14 and were born in the UK. Some of our vaccination guidelines are different than Canada's for example, Chicken Pox is not vaccinated against in the UK. If a child gets chicken pox we throw a "Pox Party" in the hopes of passing it to as many children as possible. I understand the risks if a woman gets chicken pox as an adult and how dangerous it is, but this is what I have grown up with as the norm. Also it is a very common misconception that you can only get chicken pox once. I know numerous people who have had it twice and my dad had it 3 times...poor guy is just SOL lol My kids had chicken pox before they were 2 and it was hard to see them in so much discomfort, but I feel that the vaccine generally speaking, is unnecessary. I chose to vaccinate my children primarily for the fact that it was the norm at that time, and now I still choose to vaccinate because I think it is still a minimal chance of negative side effect from the vaccines and that overall it is worth the risk. My daughter has her HPV happening this year and OHIP do not cover for the boys but I am opting to vaccinate my son too out of pocket the few 100 dollars because of how big of a killer cancer is, so it's worth the small risk in my eyes.

I have a child in my care who had his 1 mth and 2 mth jabs and that is it. He is 3.5yrs old and his birth mother suffers from a severe mental disorder which I think is at the root of why Grandma has opted out of all vaccinations. Because of the scare mongering media and the dreaded internet. I don't believe he puts the other children at risk anymore so than people in the grocery store. If all other daycare kids are up to date then by rights they shouldn't get anything if he does have something to pass on. In general though I am pro vaccinations but in a more overall opinion about many things I am pro choice although I can totally see how this opting out on a grand scale could cause massive outbreaks of diseases which have effectively been eradicated by vaccines.

As for the autism claims, No research done within the medical field has been conducted to prove that vaccinations cause severe negative reactions, but that doesn't mean that valid research hasn't been done or that in fact it doesn't cause severe consequences in some. The pharmaceutical industry is one of the main pillars of world economy so they destroy anyone who can cause a chink in the chain by revealing certain facts. I can back that up with lots of proof but It's longwinded and would likely bore most so I'll refrain. Message me if you care

I have an ND who has PHD's in genetics and microbiology. Her sister also is in practice with her as an ND and only treats children aged 8 and under. The majority of her patients are children who have displayed any number of severe spectrum related symptoms following vaccinations. And yes, a lot of those are symptoms of autism and its really quite disturbing when you see it happen or know someone who has actually experienced this versus just over exaggerated stories in the media. It is actually caused by Heavy metal poisoning. Liver overload of Heavy metals causing extreme toxicity in the body. Vaccinations may seem like they have minimal heavy metals in them but heavy metals are incredibly toxic and potent and some children can not deal with it and thus resulting in any number of issue from rashes and fever in some all the way up to loss of motor function and speech. It isn't like regular autism because it has a different cause and fortunately can be treated and improvement can usually been seen....I've actually done a lot of research on this as a result of my daughter coming home with a similar assignment and also just a personal interest and having been to many seminars of both alternative therapists and traditional medical personnel and the different approaches. If you really understand the function of the liver and gut in detail, it actually makes complete sense.

If you actually research who has apparently "disproven" the claim that vaccines cause autism, you'd likely dig up a major conflict of interest in the party who did so. I also think as autism has so many variances, it's not entirely accurate to say it cause autism either. It's not as straight forward as the general public would think. It's kind of like the whole RDA for vitamins. Massive doses of vitamins are used to effectively treat many things all over the world more efficiently than pharmaceuticals but you speak to a pharmacist about taking high doses and they would tell you absolutely not to and that it is unsafe. There is not a single vitamin or mineral related death documented anywhere in history! It does not serve the drug companies to keep us healthy!!
    Last edited by bright sparks; 03-05-2015 at 08:47 AM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to bright sparks For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by AmandaKDT View Post
    My personal belief is that it is selfish to not vaccinate your child as your choice can very negatively affect others. The vaccinations prevent the spread of serious illnesses that can cause permanent damage or death. Whenever I think of this topic, my mind always goes memory of the father of one of my school mates. He had polio as a child and lost the use of his legs, so had to use leg braces and crutches for the rest of his life.

The belief that vaccinations causes autism has also been totally disproven, even though this mentality is still out there.
    I think people have to start getting informed themselves rather than just believing everything they read or hear in the media. I don't have that kind of mentality that you described. I do lots of research to form an opinion based on facts, but sometimes even that is difficult without being biased. Mumps was a huge problem when I was a child at school even though we were all vaccinated against it, but I would never wish that on anyone so MMR and fingers crossed it is!

I like to have my children updated. I believe it's safer to have ur shots then not. I won't take kids in my daycare if they aren't updated. Everyone must have their shots.

Euphoric !
    This something I feel strong about. I come from small Russia village, long time ago, but sickness common from poverty. My husband laugh and say I first Russian mail order bride.

I still remember people in village die from sickness that vaccination today end. I think lot of the problem is most parent not see this themselves and not understand first hand how bad measles, chicken pox and other illness are.

Quote Originally Posted by MsBell View Post
    Do you think that the parents right to refuse trumps the safety and well being of society?
    I don't think parent have right to deny proven evidence that vaccination is good thing. I think selfish parent who likely is immunized themselves choose not to protect their child. If their right to refuse, then fine - but they not have right to mix with public.

They must not be allowed in public school (some American state not allow and European county not allow), not be in public library or any other public building.

I find very stupid that Canadian student with no immunisation be allowed in public place where they can make immune compromised people sicker than they already are, but no student allowed to take peanut butter sandwich to school in case slim chance of allergy make on person ill. Stupid.

Would you accept non-vaccinated kids into your day care?
    I do NOT allow non-immunized kid into my dayhome. Unless they have other medical condition which prevent them immunized BUT in my contract that any child missing immunization, I must be informed, punctually, and will consider them on case by case base.

If unimmunized kid allowed in because real reason for not have vaccination, it is clear that ALL client must inform if their kid has contact with contagious sickness and unimmunized kid will be excluded until sickness is fully gone from others.

I have right to term immediate with penalty of 4 weeks fee and no notice, if I find undisclosed non-immunized child. Zero tolerance.

DO you think vaccines are harmful? and finally do you(would you) have your own kids vaccinated and why?
    Only one report ever said vaccines harmful and it linked autism and vaccinations. But many thousands spent investigating this report and none of the claims ever held up. In fact, the doctor who wrote, recently admitted the results were fabrications.

Problem is parent with autistic children, like Jenny McCarthy, needed a reason to blame for their child condition. Not able to accept no human perfect and sometimes human flaws more recognizable than when flaws in "normal" people. They need to lessen unjustified guilt that something they did in pregnancy caused their child's condition. This likely understandable. It like "why me" syndrome. Need reason sometimes.

But they grasp on one fake report and ignore hundred report saying no link.

I think that people who not willing to listen to all the medical doctor across whole world, all saying vaccination is safe, do not need access to doctor. After all, why they have access if they not going to follow medical advice? They not need use hospital resources or doctor in community resource if they not believe in medical views. If they think they know better because they read some information which was wrong and have no medical training, then fine, stop using doctors and hospital.

I also think these parent should get on plane to Africa or poor country where many know the effect of these illness on non-immunized children. Let them see first hand how devastating these illness are. Maybe believe own eyes then.

My own children vaccinated.

Euphoric !
    I don't have my own children so can't say for sure what I would do.

As for daycare, I don't even ask to be honest. I've only had one parent disclose that their child wasn't yet because they couldn't decide. It didn't bother me. I like what bright said...I'm pro choice.

Chicken pox does worry me a bit as I've never had it....but my brother and sister did at same time and I shared a room with my sister and I never did get it (my mom was also hoping all 3 of us would get it at same time lol) My dad has also never had it so we kinda just assume we both are naturally immune from it?? Hope so!! Lol

I (for the most part) believe in vaccinations (chicken pox and HPV I am still on the fence about) My kids are vaccinated, and I will not allow nonvaccinated kids in my care. I remember my younger sister Had Whooping cough when she was 6, she was hospitalized for a goos two weeks, and for the first while in an oxygen tent, it was very scary. She was not vaccinated because my mother just didn't think about it, my younger siblings are much younger, and there are 4 of us older siblings, all vaccinated, never had any issues. My mother just assumed that if everyone else is vaccinated, then my sister (and brother, twins) would not be in danger of catching anything. But she learned the hard way, that we are a very global world now, and we really don't know what we are coming in contact with everyday.