Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Shy

Backup Care Provision

I wanted to ask ... How many of you provide backup/emergency care to families in case their current provider is unavailable, sick, emergency etc? (Now I don't mean refer your parents to someone who does backup)
    I'm looking to see if anyone provides emergency / backup / last minute care to families looking for their "plan B".
    I've been approached by someone whom I had a meeting with in the fall long story short they were having issues with their current provider, have since worked them out. The providers husband has been recently diagnosed with an illness and the parent is trying to find a backup provider for days where maybe her provider will have to take hubby to appointments etc.
    looking for feedback and info if you do provide a backup service to clients.
    Thanks!

I offer a drop in service. So if I have the rm then yes parents can use me as a back up.

Starting to feel at home...
    Hi there! I am also from Innisfil. Will be starting my in home daycare back up in July. I just received an email from the same gentleman. Unfortuantely, I wouldnt provide that service. I need a steady income and would need my spots filled permantely as oppose to occasional or temp. There are tons of other providers in our area who I see posting accepting this type of service. That being said, im just wondering why? So many providers in our area are offering nights and weekends, over nights etc and this has me worried that perhaps there are not many clients in Innisfil? I just moved to Innisfil about a year ago and wanted to start up in July, but with everyone constantly advertising and being extremely flexible with their schedules, I am contemplatying whether or not it may not be a good idea?? I have been advertising for the last 6 months to get my name out there and have received soooo many emails reagrding care. Im wondering, all the same daycares are still advertising, yet so many parents are looking for care?? It just doesnt add up, where are these parents who are contacting me finding their care? Does this all make sense?

Outgoing
    I don't currently provide this type of service... but I had a thought. If you really did want to do this, would you consider contacting other daycare providers in your area to see if they would give your name to their parents? You might be able to use up a spot with fill-ins if you had enough. Wishful thinking? Maybe...

5. The Following User Says Thank You to kindertime For This Useful Post: