Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Starting to feel at home...

St. Patricks Day

Hi everyone,

I hope you are having a wonderful weekend. Our daycare is having a St. Patricks party on the 16th. I wanted to see where everyone is buying their decorations if you are doing anything for that day...I went to dollarama and there wasn't much or at any other dollar store..

Isn't St.Pattys day on the 17th? I went to a party store. They had lots for sale.

Euphoric !
    For almost every holiday, I buy the bulk of my art/craft items from the dollar stores. You have to shop early though! I find a lot of teachers and daycare providers buy from there as well so it gets picked over fairly quickly. Micheals and Walmart sometimes have better prices though so I buy from there too. Winners as well often has nice things for a good price.

Items that I keep year to year and re-use, I spend a bit more money on because I want them to last. Things like wreaths/signs for my outside door, outdoor decor, banners etc are things that I spend more on but even some of my dollar store items have lasted 3 years. I bought a bunch of bins and organized all my items into "themes" and "holidays" so I just have to grab the bin I want and all my decorations are ready to go. So much easier than when I just had stuff everywhere lol. It also helps because I can grab the bin I need a couple weeks to a month ahead of time and quickly see what I need to restock on this year. Before I did it this way, I was buying things every holiday because I forgot what I already had haha.