Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
    Starting to feel at home...
    Out of curiosity, since I've been IMA for quite sometime, what is this story about. I would love to support her if I can.

Starting to feel at home...
    Never mind, found the links. I feel horrible this is happening. I wouldn't wish this on anyone. The parents might have been stressed, but they should recognize that she is only looking for their child's best interest. Would they want her not to care. So sad. Wish ppl wouldn't act on their initial emotions and see that if they're doing nothing wrong, CAS would just dismiss it. This ruling was wrong in so many ways. I thought reports to CAS were anonymous?

Outgoing
    Any fans of CBC out there? Well, even if you're not, I would encourage anyone who is interested in getting this story wider coverage than just Toronto news, please contact the following CBC programs.

The Current airs on Radio 1 from 8:30am-10am. And As It Happens airs from 6:30pm to 8:00pm. Both are on weekdays. Both cover current events and both cover their stories well. I have done this already. Maybe if more people do...

http://www.cbc.ca/radio/thecurrent/contact

http://www.cbc.ca/radio/asithappens/contact

Outgoing
    Quote Originally Posted by torontokids View Post
    One of our colleagues is under fire! If you read the comments after some of the news stories and articles, poor Tammy is being ripped apart. I feel for her. It took a lot of courage to go to the media and it is unfair to be raked over the coals. If you want to support Tammy I would suggest you respond to some of these negative commenters to help counter some of the negativity/educate some of the "haters, send her a PM of encouragement. Imagine if this was you!
    I completely agree with the sentiment in your post, however, IMO, the brand new adage "haters gonna hate" is true. Anyone who would go on a news site like that a spout that kind of garbage will not be put down by a few sensible words. They are best left to their small little worlds so those of us who wish to be informed and responsible can do so. The news organizations allow these commentors, for what reason, I'm not sure but we don't have to sink to their level.

So, yes, I believe we should support Tammy, I just think it will be her words that will be the most powerful ones to tell her story. That is why I have posted the links to the CBC's current events programs.

Oh, and in case anyone missed it before http://www.gofundme.com/supporttammy

Outgoing
    UPDATE

Met with a lawyer and he suggested that my best option for an appeal would be based on the representation I had. If I won the appeal I would get a whole new trial. Unfortunately if I choose to go ahead with the appeal the lawyer could not work pro bono as it would be a lot of work. Since giving up my career and not having an income I don't see how I can continue on. Not to mention if I won the appeal I would have more legal costs for the new trial.

It truly is sad that the justice system is based on finances especially for middle income people who don't qualify for legal aid. I did the right thing and because I didn't have enough funds I lost my case. I'm not able to financially afford an appeal so I'm therefore left with having to give up. A big lesson learned for me. If you don't have enough money to hire a good legal team....don't report. Look the other way and worry about you and yours. SAD BUT TRUE!!!!
    I will still be fighting in the background to change policies....CAS should be required to testify in these matters. If CAS felt someone had reasonable grounds that's all that should matter.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Teagansmom For This Useful Post:

Outgoing
    I really hope you do the before/after school program, and hope you and your family recover soon from this ordeal. The daycare world is a better place with you in it. Children r really lucky to have you.
    Last edited by ebhappydc; 05-26-2015 at 03:25 PM.