Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Advice please!

Outgoing
    Quote Originally Posted by bright sparks View Post
    I find that it is a personality type not an age factor....I had both my kids by 20 so call me a little touchy on the stereotyping of young parents ��
    You are absolutely right. It was a broad generalization, I meant no offense. Actually, you made me think about what I wrote. I've had those young parents I spoke about but I think what I should have said was the inexperienced, nervous ones. The ones who read too much of the "new fad" stuff. Of course, I'm sure I'll offend someone with that, too. The older parents (over 30ish) that have been here have had more kids, or been around a lot of kids, etc. and new what to expect. With the experience comes the understanding of the consequences of this kind of thing.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to kindertime For This Useful Post:

Starting to feel at home...
    Just buy one of those baby swings for her (there are some super cheap ones on kijiji, in my area at least, going for $20) It worked when I had my 9month old over time they will become comfortable and now she has no issues snoring away in the playpen

Quote Originally Posted by kindertime View Post
    You are absolutely right. It was a broad generalization, I meant no offense. Actually, you made me think about what I wrote. I've had those young parents I spoke about but I think what I should have said was the inexperienced, nervous ones. The ones who read too much of the "new fad" stuff. Of course, I'm sure I'll offend someone with that, too. The older parents (over 30ish) that have been here have had more kids, or been around a lot of kids, etc. and new what to expect. With the experience comes the understanding of the consequences of this kind of thing.
    I didn't really take offence just wanted to chirp up for all us young moms with little to no guidance who did and do a great job. I blame the Internet lol My sister in Law is in the UK and she is due in two weeks. My mum says she has been out of this world paranoid about every little thing because she keeps on turning to google. One of my families now who are early thirties with first child are always self diagnosing the most ridiculous things via Google lol

Outgoing
    OMG, yes, I have a love/hate relationship with Google....who someday may be our overlords...

sorry, off topic. So, ialmost care, how did it go today?

Expansive...
    I
    Quote Originally Posted by kindertime View Post
    I was 20 too!!! To this day I have never had clients older than me! So I do sometimes feel they don't take me seriously maybe because of my age, but I do happen to know what I am talking about! Although I was an uptight first parent, I don't think it was an age thing as I have had many, many parents a good decade older than me who are even more neurotic than I ever was!

Hi all,

Sorry for the slow reply. Haven't had a chance to get back on here.

I am still undecided what to do. Spoke to the mom yesterday and she said "we rock her to sleep but you can do whatever works for you, as long as she is not left to cry herself to sleep". So, I might be wrong but I am interpreting that as that I can try some of the methods you all mentioned above... just not put her in the crib and walk out.

She is only here Monday/Wednesday/Friday, so I don't have her today, but will take her tomorrow/until I figure out what to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Emma H View Post
    Just buy one of those baby swings for her (there are some super cheap ones on kijiji, in my area at least, going for $20) It worked when I had my 9month old over time they will become comfortable and now she has no issues snoring away in the playpen
    Would she be too big? My son outgrew his quickly (he was a big baby!) so I'm not sure how long most average-sized children use them? She is almost 10 months and on the smaller side for her age, I'd say.

Outgoing
    Quote Originally Posted by ialmostcare View Post
    I am still undecided what to do. Spoke to the mom yesterday and she said "we rock her to sleep but you can do whatever works for you, as long as she is not left to cry herself to sleep". So, I might be wrong but I am interpreting that as that I can try some of the methods you all mentioned above... just not put her in the crib and walk out.
    In my opinion, this is a completely different kettle of fish. I can see that she might be worried that a daycare might just plop the kid down and leave her all day. If that is the case, you should be okay with this. Putting her down to fall asleep doesn't mean you are leaving her alone. Maybe it won't be so bad after all. Think good thoughts.

Starting to feel at home...
    Quote Originally Posted by ialmostcare View Post
    Would she be too big? My son outgrew his quickly (he was a big baby!) so I'm not sure how long most average-sized children use them? She is almost 10 months and on the smaller side for her age, I'd say.
    The baby I used it for was a big baby too (biggest in my care to this day lol) she was about twice the size of an average baby and it worked fine. Super fussy but the swing worked like a charm until she was more comfortable and that way she was able to interact better after her rest so it sped up the transition process.