Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Rude Parents

Starting to feel at home...

Rude Parents

Anyone else have issues with rude parents or is it just me??
    Last edited by Emma H; 03-10-2015 at 05:26 PM.

Outgoing
    So the mom shut her phone off but decided to come without telling you? Sounds rude, but also the dad might be understandably upset when they both showed up. I can imagine a conversation at home about that later. Absolutely no excuse to treat you like that. It is boggling.

From my understanding the mom was supposed to be at work today but she was at home (had the day off) and just showed up with the dad.. I had no idea she was even coming. so rude
    oh and the fact that he questioned if he should come or not makes me wonder how upset they really are
    Last edited by Emma H; 03-10-2015 at 11:31 AM.

i would sweet as pie text them and let them know that you will see them on Thursday. Do you have a 24 hour sickness policy

I do but can they technically come back tomorrow
    Last edited by Emma H; 03-10-2015 at 05:26 PM.

Expansive...
    I would reclarify or reword your illness policy to say that if a child is sent home on Monday(for example) then they cannot return until Wednesday. Get rid of the phrase "24 hr exclusion" and don't let them back until Thursday.
    I had a rude parent slam the door as he picked up after I called him for a child's vomitting. He was so pissed, and yelled at me and slammed the door. The child's vomit was still fresh on the front entrance mat as he came in, and he believed that the child didn't need to go home!!
    People never cease to amaze me, especially since they signed off on the policies to begin with.

Unbelievable........ ...
    Last edited by Emma H; 03-10-2015 at 05:27 PM.

Euphoric !
    Did they come in the same vehicle? Maybe they both had the day off and were annoyed it was interrupted??

Absolutely no reason to be mad at you though! It's not anyone's fault that she's sick but sick kids need to be at home
    Last edited by 5 Little Monkeys; 03-10-2015 at 01:03 PM.

Euphoric !
    my exclusion is 24 hours to the end of the following business day ...so in this case if the child threw up today (tuesday)at 11am and doesnt throw up again then they are allowed back thursday morning ..not tomorrow at 11am.....what if they picked up at 2 pm would you allow them to drop off the next day at 2pm ???? nooooo!

They were rude. You did everything correct. Could be mom didn't have her phone on her (I am like that which drives my husband crazy). People get frustrated easy when their plans are upset. They should not have taken it out on you. You are a professional...and they should treat you as such. My thoughts are that if you go the route of reiterating the sick policy, you are prolonging the bad vibe. Best bet is to have a quick conversation next time you see the parent and be honest..."When you picked up DGK when she was sick, you seems irritated. I just want to make sure you understand why I needed to call you for a pick up and to clear up any questions you may have. The end result is here at XYZ daycare I care about my daycare families and want to ensure we are all on the same page." This puts you in a power position for a talk...and if not needed...lets the family know you felt their irritation (and they know you will call them on that kind of b/s). Anywho....

11. The Following User Says Thank You to SillyGirl_C For This Useful Post:

Lou