Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread

What would you do???

My friend who runs a daycare wrote me this......what would u do if u were her??
    Thanks for the help and advice

I signed on two new kids to start this may because of the new rules Id have to let all my school age kids go. but two of these school-age kids, the parents are having a hard time finding day care elsewhere because they need an early start and I've had these kids for 11 years and really don't want them to leave. now I'm rethinking that I rather keep those two school-age kids versus the two full-time kids financially it would all work out fine for me but now What do I do about these two kids I just signed on?? No deposit just signed contract. I tell them things have changed and I can't take them anymore? I fear I jumped the gun on this one filling those two spots before considering all options

If they didn't give you a deposit and it stipulates in your contract that you must give parents a 2 week notice for termination then just terminate if that is your choice. I also have a disclaimer in my contract that states "this contract can be terminated for any reason, with 2 weeks notice given". That gives you the flexibility to terminate for whatever reason. I've been in a situation where I took too many contracts and the kids that were supposed to leave decided to stay last minute. I took a deposit on the new kids but returned it to them and had to terminate before care started.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Beanie For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    Financially it all works out for now but what about in the future? Having them for 11 years already, they must both be close to aging out of dc?

I would look at the big picture first before making the final decision.

If she needs to terminate the new ones, do it ASAP so that they also have a fair shot of finding another dc.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 5 Little Monkeys For This Useful Post:

She has had the whole family for 11 yrs. the oldest almost 12 goes on his own now. But the two siblings she wants to keep are 6 and 8. So she'll still have a few yrs with them

Euphoric !
    Oh that's good!! Is there a chance the older sibling will start to babysit them though?

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 5 Little Monkeys For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    What would be really annoying in this case is to turn away the new people for May only to find out mom has decided the boys can just go home alone and be babysat by the soon to be 13 year old leaving you with two spaces and people who wanted them but by the time you find out won't. Also not sure your province but when you factor in the age mix and pay is it financially possible to still keep them or do you need to replace them with full time paying clients.

Euphoric !
    Quote Originally Posted by babydom View Post
    My friend who runs a daycare wrote me this......what would u do if u were her??
    Thanks for the help and advice

I signed on two new kids to start this may because of the new rules Id have to let all my school age kids go. but two of these school-age kids, the parents are having a hard time finding day care elsewhere because they need an early start and I've had these kids for 11 years and really don't want them to leave. now I'm rethinking that I rather keep those two school-age kids versus the two full-time kids financially it would all work out fine for me but now What do I do about these two kids I just signed on?? No deposit just signed contract. I tell them things have changed and I can't take them anymore? I fear I jumped the gun on this one filling those two spots before considering all options
    I not understanding.

If you thought these two school age kids have to go because of new rules, did you misunderstand new rules? It can't be that you had to just get rid of two to reduce numbers since you signed on two more that you now regretting.

Sorry but hard to offer advice when question not make sense.

5LM the oldest has some learning disabilities and adhd and some other issues I believe. So he won't babysit the younger two. she told both parties tonight and the long lasting family was forever greatful and the May family was totally understanding and had a backup daycare center she was interested in and will call them tomorrow. So all in all it all worked out. Thanks everyone.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to babydom For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    Glad it all worked out!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to 5 Little Monkeys For This Useful Post: