Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Euphoric !
    My contract says no underwear until I approve it! I would ask for pull-ups asap! You need to take control of what is in your home not have mom tell you. He isn't trained if he is wetting himself that much and not telling you he needs to go. If you have carpet that is even more reason to not allow it. From the other parents perspective I would not want my child crawling or playing on carpet that has been peed on!!!! Yuck!!! Plus there will be the additional cost to get it professionally cleaned in the near future.

Euphoric !
    Quote Originally Posted by Emma H View Post
    Just wondering, as you keep mentioning it subtly, why it matters to you so much as to why I edited out my posts. Is there a written rule on this website that forbids people to edit posts? I think not and I don't need to explain myself.

It also worries me that you keep track of my posts.

As for everyone else, thank you for your help I will mention pull ups to the mom.
    Actually, it was not me who mentioned it before but when have you ever let factual information get in your way. It also interested to note if more than just me express opinion, it only me you attack. I did not ask you to explain yourself - I think you protest too much that I mentioned a factual event that I cannot refer back to the age of a child because you edited your comment. Why are you so offended and defensive of the truth of an event?

I can draw my own conclusions (and have done) about why you feel need to rant and then tone down. I think much is to do with your need for validation and not having strength of character to stand by your actions or words. It a repeating pattern we seeing from you.

You imagine a slight by applying a tone of your choosing and then you attack people. It's a small minded bullying tone because you repeatedly go after same person. I think this very dangerous personality type in one who cares for children. Power tripping carer's are very dangerous, have cruel streak, and often narcissistic.

It's doesn't matter to me. It amused me. It's like teenager editing story all time. It's interesting to see from an adult. Very telling about type of person.

Why you worried about someone keeping track of your post - it hardly tricky - one click and all the drama is there to read. No need me keep track, system does it for me. If this what you worry about, maybe invest that time sorting out business so less drama to post about. I think most adult with true investment in their business would be focussing on that.

I always wonder why you need to pop up and make situation personal every single time, always trust you to read the worst into any post. It is almost entertaining to be able to predict which post you will imagine to be a dig, and you come out attacking.

Do you speak to your "rude" "inconsiderate" "unbelieveable" clients this way too? Do you often imagine any comment is a dig at you? Do you think people even care enough to bother doing that?

Only concern I have with you is repeated action of blaming others for situation you in, belittling of clients for being rude, unrealistic, daring to request a change in situation, the know-it-all tone of superiority over the parents of children in your care and the narcissistic tendencies. The bitterness in your posts, the covering of your tail by editing your strong rants - it's like you can't help yourself, need to post for the attention and then realise it shows you in bad light or that you don't get the validation or awesomeness you expected. That only concern me because you have young children in your care.

I know this might not be popular post but someone on such a power trip with such anger and bitterness towards people who you simply determine you don't like, is a worry. To not be able to control yourself and conduct yourself professionally is big worry when there is not another adult to monitor your power around little children.

It very scary that you chose this for your career. Hopefully this on-line persona is not real reflection of your true personality.
    Last edited by Suzie_Homemaker; 03-12-2015 at 09:23 AM.

Expansive...
    Quote Originally Posted by Emma H View Post
    Just wondering, as you keep mentioning it subtly, why it matters to you so much as to why I edited out my posts. Is there a written rule on this website that forbids people to edit posts? I think not and I don't need to explain myself.

It also worries me that you keep track of my posts.

As for everyone else, thank you for your help I will mention pull ups to the mom.
    Gee whiz, she was trying to be supportive because she felt you are in a stressful situation because of all the stuff you have posted over the last week or two! Anyone who comes on here regularly would remember most of the stuff you so recently posted. And of course people are going to be curious why you removed your posted. No need to be like that.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AmandaKDT For This Useful Post:

Starting to feel at home...
    I wouldn't agree to potty train unless the process has been started and has been successful at home, first. Definetly a diape at daycare. Pullups do not hold as much and are harder to change on a child who is constantly having accidents.

When, the parents leave you do what you feel is best for you, I guarantee that they really don't care that you have to clean the mess the child makes. I had a parent that asked me to bring their 2 year old to the bathroom, she barely talks, she's not ready for potty training. It goes in my one ear and out the other. You should have a potty training policy in place no exception.I have another child that she always goes for her BM after I put them down and she removes her clothing and her diaper and smears poop everywhere in the playpen. I asked the parents to put her in onesies they didn't, I also asked them to bring her own playpen they didn't. Yesterday, I put my grand-daughter onesies on her and when I when to get her she had her pants off and she had poop all the way down her back. Not to good for my grand-daughter onesies. Today, she wearing overall there going on backwards. Last week, I carried her and put her in my shower, she was covered with feces from her waist to her feet. The parents don't care that I have to spend all the time cleaning and disinfecting.

Euphoric !
    This is off topic so I apologize to the OP but I just wanted to say something

Suzie, I think you've said English is not your first language right? I think you do extremely well and I actually like how you write/speak...it's straight to the point with no added unneeded mess! It's blunt but gets your message across. I personally usually agree with you! You get a lot of defensive posts from Emma and I'm not sure why. Just wanted to say, there are others who agree with you

Emma, I enjoy your posts too but I'm not sure why you always feel attacked by Suzie? I read this site daily and I don't find her posts to be any ruder than some others. If you're going to participate on a forum you can't take everything so personal. I had to learn this as well when first starting with forums. I'm sure many of us did actually!! We are all going to have times where we disagree or don't see eye to eye but there's no reason to take it so personally. I can disagree with you or your methods but that doesn't mean either of us is wrong, just that we do things differently.

I enjoy both of you but this bickering back and forth from you two is getting old. Just my opinion...I don't mean to offend either of you!!

Have a great day

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 5 Little Monkeys For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    Quote Originally Posted by pink View Post
    When, the parents leave you do what you feel is best for you, I guarantee that they really don't care that you have to clean the mess the child makes. I had a parent that asked me to bring their 2 year old to the bathroom, she barely talks, she's not ready for potty training. It goes in my one ear and out the other. You should have a potty training policy in place no exception.I have another child that she always goes for her BM after I put them down and she removes her clothing and her diaper and smears poop everywhere in the playpen. I asked the parents to put her in onesies they didn't, I also asked them to bring her own playpen they didn't. Yesterday, I put my grand-daughter onesies on her and when I when to get her she had her pants off and she had poop all the way down her back. Not to good for my grand-daughter onesies. Today, she wearing overall there going on backwards. Last week, I carried her and put her in my shower, she was covered with feces from her waist to her feet. The parents don't care that I have to spend all the time cleaning and disinfecting.
    Blah!!!! That is so gross, I can't even imagine her playpen! I'm sorry you have to go through this daily!! I'd be telling the parents that they need to help figure out a solution....what do they do at home?

Have you tried one pieces put on backwards? Taping the diaper around the waist so it's harder to pull off?

Last time I checked Suzie was going to put me on her ignore list but she just can't help herself lol
    Last edited by Emma H; 03-12-2015 at 09:36 AM.

Expansive...
    Suzie- you mentioned in another thread that you were going to add Emma to your ignore list. Change your mind?

Seriously, the both of you just need to ignore each other as you obviously butt heads and the rest of us are tired of the drama between the two of you over EVERY little thing. Ignore and stop fueling each other for goodness sake.

Remember that none of us are better than anyone else.
    "Maturity doesn't mean age. It means sensitivity, manners and how you react."
    "Sometimes it's better to react with no reaction"
    "Maturing is realizing how many things don't need your comment"
    "Blowing out the other person's candle will not make yours shine brighter"

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Lou For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    Quote Originally Posted by 5 Little Monkeys View Post
    This is off topic so I apologize to the OP but I just wanted to say something

Suzie, I think you've said English is not your first language right? I think you do extremely well and I actually like how you write/speak...it's straight to the point with no added unneeded mess! It's blunt but gets your message across. I personally usually agree with you! You get a lot of defensive posts from Emma and I'm not sure why. Just wanted to say, there are others who agree with you

Emma, I enjoy your posts too but I'm not sure why you always feel attacked by Suzie? I read this site daily and I don't find her posts to be any ruder than some others. If you're going to participate on a forum you can't take everything so personal. I had to learn this as well when first starting with forums. I'm sure many of us did actually!! We are all going to have times where we disagree or don't see eye to eye but there's no reason to take it so personally. I can disagree with you or your methods but that doesn't mean either of us is wrong, just that we do things differently.

I enjoy both of you but this bickering back and forth from you two is getting old. Just my opinion...I don't mean to offend either of you!!

Have a great day
    I think susie and 5lm are bang on ..... I actually question on the other post why all the comments by Emma were edited out .... Stand by what you post !!! I have also wondered if this is the right profession for Emma